• Warsaw

Votes: 63 21.5%
  • Sniderman

Votes: 59 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daz.....the fouls committed is in direct proportion to the possession percentage.

We invariably win the possession ergo as we have the ball more often than the ither team we will neither be tackling or fouling as much as them :)

Surely you mean - the number of fouls committed is in indirect proportion to the possession percentage.

It is easy to nullify a manager's system when he only has one. Martinez (unfortunately) is a one trick pony...in words and tactics. Sad, because I was one of his biggest fans

Against Liverpool, Roberto took off Besic and replaced him with Alcaraz. The fans booed this loudly, regarding it as a defensive move.

In fact, he changed to a back three, and gave the full backs more scope to attack. It nearly worked too, when Barkley released Coleman who nearly scored. Only a great save kept the scores level.

So Roberto can change tactics, but the fans do not always recognise it when he does.

Against Liverpool, Roberto took off Besic and replaced him with Alcaraz. The fans booed this loudly, regarding it as a defensive move.

In fact, he changed to a back three, and gave the full backs more scope to attack. It nearly worked too, when Barkley released Coleman who nearly scored. Only a great save kept the scores level.

So Roberto can change tactics, but the fans do not always recognise it when he does.
He may juggle the players and formation at times but its always the same tactics of keep possession and try to force an opening with slow build up.other teams know exactly how to play against us and worse teams than us are continually getting results against us.we have more success when we counter attack and we should be mixing up our tactics not just the same approach every game.

I've got to the point that I can't even bother to bitch mother. At the beginning of the season I was constantly bitch mothering when the score wasn't what I had expected, but now I've pretty much come to the point that I expect us to lose and I'm too disillusioned from the team to give a fck. :(

Still not very happy about the other night and a whole host of recent poor performances. It has been a long time since such limp-wristed displays were tolerated amongst players and manager alike for such a duration. Not going out with so much as a fight? Not so much as going out with as little as a wet fart.

Pathetic.

Putting on a defender for a midfielder is a defensive move, switching to 3 at the back is also a defensive move.

If we played a balanced side Coleman and Baines would have had plenty of scope all season to bomb on, just like they did last season.

Read the reports in about half a dozen papers this morning, not very complimentary. In fact one said that Stoke are a much better than Everton. Two others raised concerns about our play and criticised the substitutions. One mad the comment that we are sliding into the relegation battle.

*They ARE much better than EVERTON*

He may juggle the players and formation at times but its always the same tactics of keep possession and try to force an opening with slow build up.other teams know exactly how to play against us and worse teams than us are continually getting results against us.we have more success when we counter attack and we should be mixing up our tactics not just the same approach every game.

But it's not always the same tactics!

Against Liverpool, Roberto brought on Barkley and Alcaraz for Naismith and Besic, and changed to three at the back to give both fullbacks more freedom.

The pace of play immediately increased. The goal chance was made by a long diagonal ball from Barkley to Coleman racing up the wing.

And you don't necessarily need wingers to take advantage of space on the wings. Baines, Coleman and Garbutt have demonstrated that.

0/10 - see me.

The more possession you have, the more fouls you commit - that's in direct proportion.

The more possession you have, the fewer fouls you commit - that's in indirect/inverse proportion.

You sound more like Stanley Unwin than Stanley Parker.

He was the king of gibberish.

Say what you like, but Rodgers was under similar pressure before Christmas. What did he do, changed the system entirely to get the best out of his players. In contrast Martinez has kept with the same tactics all season (bar a couple of games were we have gone even more defensive). We are crying out for 2 wingers to provide width and ammunition for lukaku. At present the only way of getting that is if we get another manager I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back