Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Strange Dreams/Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had quite a strange one the other night. I was on the run from some Russina/East European mob, and was holed up in my parents old house, sitting in the corner on the bad, hugging my knees with a gun pointed at the door, trying to stay awake all night waiting for this hit man to come at me. Gets to morning and an old work colleague of mine comes in tells me the guy is downstairs and I need to talk to him. I get up and start to make my way downstairs, my mate says I won't need my gun, so I leave it behing and go down the stairs. Dunno what happened after that :o

Used to get night terrors. It was the same dream every time. I was near a small building maybe a cottage but there was no real floor and there were things falling from above that had no real size but raised my anxiety levels as they fell, they never hit anything just fell passed the plain on which I existed. I'd "wake up" paralyzed and try scream but make no sound and just scream inside my head. Good times.

Sleep Paralysis? I suffered a lot with this when younger. I'd be aware of where I was but could not move, breath properly, talk or shout, and had an awareness of something being in the room with me. Can be pretty scary.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sleep-paralysis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Had one last night, first dream in ages I can remember. Watching next door and over the road being burgled but being unable to stop them. Trying to call the police and my phone wouldn't work.

Go!

I find the worst/best dreams happen when you're pissed. I was watching my friend play Fallout 3 once. There's a lot of in-game customisation you can do and he tried to make the most ridiculous looking character he possibly could, which was basically Abraham Lincoln with a giant deathclaw. Anyway, we had a nonsense conversation about Vampire Lincoln and what kind of stories he'd be involved in. We had an old laugh and I went home a bit drunk. That night I dreamt Vampire Lincoln was chasing me through a cornfield at night and it was absolutely terrifying. Also, last night I dreamt that Roy Keane was in the X-Men movies.

Had one last night, first dream in ages I can remember. Watching next door and over the road being burgled but being unable to stop them. Trying to call the police and my phone wouldn't work.

Go!

I hate those ones. I have a lot of ones where I'm trying to run after someone, but my legs are like concrete, or I'd be punching someone and I can't exert any force.

Few weird ones lately. Had one last night where I was playing footy on my own vs PSG on Mossley Hill field with only one goal. I was bossing it but then Martin Atkinson sent me off after Lavezzi elbowed me and I swore at him. Woke up on the floor with an arm I can't move and a girlfriend moaning that I'd punched her in my sleep.

Also had one a few days ago where I went to get my hair cut and ended up driving a truck round an F1 circuit to prove I was a man or the Russian gangsters would shoot me.

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
I had one once where I met Kylie Minogue and for some reason we ended in bed together and just as I was about to penetrate the little australian delight I woke up :mad: Not a weird dream but it left me with lifelong disillusion to dreams

Last edited:

I remember dreaming I was in a concrete mixer spinning round and round whilst it was full.just talking away to the other lads on site through the opening as if it was the most normal thing in the world. The only thing I seemed to dislike was getting an occasional stone in my mouth ?

I hate those ones. I have a lot of ones where I'm trying to run after someone, but my legs are like concrete, or I'd be punching someone and I can't exert any force.

I get that sometimes. Or I'd be playing tennis or cricket and I can't get any power behind my shots.

I had sleep paralysis once and I can remember it clear as day. I was lying on my side facing the wall on the opposite side of the room and I could feel the mattress dipping either side of me, just like something was walking 2 legged up towards my head. I opened my eyes and looked at the wall and I could see the shadow of a gremlin or something walking towards my head with an axe raised over its head. I tried to scream/move but I couldn't, I was stuck fast. I saw the shadow raising the axe as if it was about to strike down on my head and I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. Nothing happened so I opened my eyes again and was in the exact same position but I was fully awake and rolled over to throw this thing off me but there was nothing there. Proper freaky.

I had one last night where David Cameron was a bad gangster in charge of a ring of criminals that go around nicking people's stuff from beaches when they're not looking. He was a fkn nasty bar steward too. Then the dream kind of morphed into me waiting for a cleaning lady to turn up at my flat and in the end Cameron came with a couple of henchman and just nicked anything of value from my flat.

Sleep Paralysis? I suffered a lot with this when younger. I'd be aware of where I was but could not move, breath properly, talk or shout, and had an awareness of something being in the room with me. Can be pretty scary.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sleep-paralysis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
I have had this on many occasions and it is very scary, but my episodes had a twist to them. I always felt I was being suffocated by somebody .
I was on holiday in Spain about 10-15 years ago and got talking to a couple around the pool, I don't remember how but we got talking over these episodes. It worked out shed had the same but she felt as if she was being hung. My wife and her husband then explained how bad they were to us, both of us would be fighting ourselves in our sleep and at times they would have to slowly wake us up. Now this bit I couldn't make up. She asked me to go and speak with her Mum who was a pageant white witch, I didn't but we met them by accident later on (I was bit let down as I was expecting a pointed hat and broomstick). We got talking over it and she reckoned the dead use our body's as conjuits so they can get to the other side, she reckons we have to relive their death so they can pass over. This spooked the hell out of me as she seemed to know what she was talking about, she also explained through the episode I should take deep breaths and relax. She also explained that I would only get these in places I have never stayed in before, as once it has happened it will not occur again.
Horrible experiences, but made easier by relaxing through it....
Even to this day I never knew if I should believe her or not, but fascinating talk with her and she was a lovely person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back