Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Strange Dreams/Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully never had that sleep paralysis. But have you ever had a dream and woke up and something weird has happened? I've woken up once with scratches over my body, and had things happen that was similar to a dream the next day or so.

I have had this on many occasions and it is very scary, but my episodes had a twist to them. I always felt I was being suffocated by somebody .
I was on holiday in Spain about 10-15 years ago and got talking to a couple around the pool, I don't remember how but we got talking over these episodes. It worked out shed had the same but she felt as if she was being hung. My wife and her husband then explained how bad they were to us, both of us would be fighting ourselves in our sleep and at times they would have to slowly wake us up. Now this bit I couldn't make up. She asked me to go and speak with her Mum who was a pageant white witch, I didn't but we met them by accident later on (I was bit let down as I was expecting a pointed hat and broomstick). We got talking over it and she reckoned the dead use our body's as conjuits so they can get to the other side, she reckons we have to relive their death so they can pass over. This spooked the hell out of me as she seemed to know what she was talking about, she also explained through the episode I should take deep breaths and relax. She also explained that I would only get these in places I have never stayed in before, as once it has happened it will not occur again.
Horrible experiences, but made easier by relaxing through it....
Even to this day I never knew if I should believe her or not, but fascinating talk with her and she was a lovely person

Yep relaxing and trying to regulate your breathing, along with wriggling your toes or the like, really helps bring you back to a normal conscious state.

I guess people will offer explanations as to why it happens based on their belief system; like the White Witch believing it is the dead trying to pass over to the 'other side'. Christians will tell that it's demon spirits and/or demonic forces at play. Whilst people who are into UFOs and the like, will say that they believe it is Alien visitations they are experiencing. God knows what people from hundreds of years ago believed what was happening to them when they experienced it.

One of the weirdest dreams I experienced was soon after my Dad had died from Cancer. I stayed at my Mums house to make sure she was all right and not left alone. I fell asleep on the settee and dreamt that I was talking to my Dad about taking him back to where he grew up as a child. I was telling him how we could go here and there and do this and that, when suddenly I stopped and looked at him. I then sighed in realisation and said: "This is a dream isn't it? You're dead?". He gave me a sad look and nodded 'yes'. Then I woke up very upset. My Mum looked at me and offered to make me a cup of tea, at which point I woke up again. It was a kind of dream within a dream. I just stayed there on the settee for a few moments confused and thinking: 'So am I awake now or not?'. Very strange experience.

Yep relaxing and trying to regulate your breathing, along with wriggling your toes or the like, really helps bring you back to a normal conscious state.

I guess people will offer explanations as to why it happens based on their belief system; like the White Witch believing it is the dead trying to pass over to the 'other side'. Christians will tell that it's demon spirits and/or demonic forces at play. Whilst people who are into UFOs and the like, will say that they believe it is Alien visitations they are experiencing. God knows what people from hundreds of years ago believed what was happening to them when they experienced it.
I do like the medical explanation, as this makes a lot if sense.
On the flip growing up I knew a woman who was a physic and she would always hold my hands and say you will do special things in the future - upto date I have had a very normal and non description life and at 52 time us running out to do these special things.
I am the biggest cynic ever so don't believe anything or anybody, so didn't believe this white witch but was always a great little story to tell. One thing she was right about it never happens in the same place twice

I always freak my other half out, she says there has been a fair few times in the past were she has woke up and I am sitting up in bed talking, when she asks what I'm doing, I say I'm talking to my Grandma who is sitting at the end of the bed, funny thing is I can never remember doing it.

I had one last night but can't remember it soz, I'll write it down next time.

Agrh, hate it when this happens, or you have a really cool/weird dream and you try to hang on to the memory of it but it just slips away from you. I had a really bizarre dream a few years ago, and I've managed to remember bits of it, but other bits have disappeared from my mind, making it make even less sense! :(

i had one when i was around 20. it was pyar weird, my eye sight didnt work. i couldnt yell...i could move my eyelids open and shut but i didnt see nothing...just pitch black...

That's called night time...

One of the weirdest dreams I experienced was soon after my Dad had died from Cancer. I stayed at my Mums house to make sure she was all right and not left alone. I fell asleep on the settee and dreamt that I was talking to my Dad about taking him back to where he grew up as a child. I was telling him how we could go here and there and do this and that, when suddenly I stopped and looked at him. I then sighed in realisation and said: "This is a dream isn't it? You're dead?". He gave me a sad look and nodded 'yes'. Then I woke up very upset. My Mum looked at me and offered to make me a cup of tea, at which point I woke up again. It was a kind of dream within a dream. I just stayed there on the settee for a few moments confused and thinking: 'So am I awake now or not?'. Very strange experience.

Hope you sued Nolan for making millions out of your experiences... :o

I do like the medical explanation, as this makes a lot if sense.
On the flip growing up I knew a woman who was a physic and she would always hold my hands and say you will do special things in the future - upto date I have had a very normal and non description life and at 52 time us running out to do these special things.
I am the biggest cynic ever so don't believe anything or anybody, so didn't believe this white witch but was always a great little story to tell. One thing she was right about it never happens in the same place twice

The medical explanation does seem to hit the spot.

To be honest, I am very cynical when it comes to psychics etc. also. I've dated a woman who claimed she was a Pagan/Witch and had psychic abilities, and another who said she was some sort of psychic medium/spiritual healer. One actually said to me: "Do you know of anyone from your family history who used to wear a hat and has now passed?". It was at that point I thought 'Screw it. This relationship has run it's course'.

Had a dream over the weekend of riding a motorcycle in the rain and thinking 'This isn't that hard to do'.

I can't actually ride a motorcycle and have come to believe that this is bothering me on a subconscious level. I'm thinking this because riding motorcycles and scooter has become a reoccurring theme (dream wise) over the years for me.

Agrh, hate it when this happens, or you have a really cool/weird dream and you try to hang on to the memory of it but it just slips away from you. I had a really bizarre dream a few years ago, and I've managed to remember bits of it, but other bits have disappeared from my mind, making it make even less sense! :(

That's called night time...

Hope you sued Nolan for making millions out of your experiences... :eek:

Nah our summer nights are bright

Hope you sued Nolan for making millions out of your experiences... :eek:

Aaah, with you now ;) To be honest, the following always springs to mind when ever I think about it:

...Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

I had one once where I met Kyle Minogue and for some reason we ended in bed together and just as I was about to penetrate the little australian delight I woke up :mad: Not a weird dream but it left me with lifelong disillusion to dreams
63f0fefb363cb37781c9ca3a11b0c498c6df3f6004ff805f6639ec6bc6eca74f.jpg

On topic, I had a dream I was back working where I loved. Woke up sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back