• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
One scenario that needs to be considered whenIit comes to punishing him. If he is banned internationally for this then what happens if he is then also banned domestically next season for doing it? How will that look in the eyes of the football fan that fifa didn'tclamp down aand he was allowed to do it again?

Also what if they ban him internationally only? He can go on to be player of the year champions league winner league winner and top goal scorer all in the mean time. HHow would that be a punishment?

wonder what kind of pressure this brings to rs...i mean are they calling -as we speak - all over the place, fifa, lawyers etc...trying to put down this case

I can only imagine it being an international ban, which would be rather annoying. A domestic ban would have to cover all domestic leagues, so he couldn't just leave Liverpool for Spain and the ban disappears. But if that was the case Liverpool would appeal like mad, imagine having to stand his wages for 2 years for an incident that happened on international duty.

Reckon this'll be a case of who blinks first, and I fully expect it to be FIFA.

on a related theme, didnt the Ivanovic biting take place at the same game that had a minutes silence for Anne Williams?

I believe it may of done. If it was it does however mean that there would've been more pressure on the day, "win it for......". During the WC game, it was also huge pressure. It's clearly pressure that pushes him over the edge. All ifs an buts though, nothing at all to base it on.

Maybe, the problem we are all having in trying to explain it, is that it is entirely unexplainable. He's just a lunatic.

No matter what happens I don't think we will be seeing him in the Liverpool team team the start of the season.

But this is Fifa

The issue the F.A must have is if a player get bitten next time in the premiership, and draws blood, could be the neck or the ear, the player should sue the F.A for allowing him to play knowin he cant control himself.

It's a standard duty of care owed by every governing body ... In fact, the only real test if any governing body is liable to pay damages is if it was ' so far as reasonably practicable' that someone who was their legal neighbour (someone who is so closely related that could be directly affected by their negligence) would be effected by their actions to allow Suarez to play and failure to protect people under their control.... The key consideration here is the 'so far as is reasonably practicable', seeing that there is a strong precedence of his behaviour and it is thus likely to occur again, plus the control of banning him from playing is very easy to put in place, then any governing body allowing him to play is very very very likely to be liable for negligence if he does it again... This goes for Fifa, the fa, Liverpool and who ever grants his visa at the time of offence...

I can see this as a typical FIFA cop out, unless they have had their sponsors on their back about it behind the scenes. I am guessing a 6 match or so international ban only. I would assume that Uraguay will appeal this if they can so that Suarez can play on Saturday. Suarez will do his usual and blame the English media for causing the problem and use this as his excuse for wanting away from Liverpool. It's the second World Cup this scumbag has soured as well as the numerous problems he has caused over here. He has never apologised for any of his previous assaults and he won't for this one either. The whole episode makes me despair of how this game has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back