Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I’ve never been totally convinced by him but I appreciate I seem to be in a minority there.

I made this point the other day though, if silva and brands want 2 new centre halves then they need to sell one that we have. It won’t be easy to sell Williams, particularly as he’s injured, so then you have a decision to make. If they don’t think holgate is ready yet, do they cash in on him? It wouldn’t surprise me.
If they do it would go against everything I THOUGHT they stood for and I for one would certainly start to have serious doubts over their appointment.

I doubt we're that skint to need to sell him. If we are buying 2 then we'll have 5 so at worst you could send him out on loan.
But then he’ll only have one year left in his contract I think?

My point was not that they need to sell him, more that they may not think he’s that great and so would be content to move him on. It’s what any of the teams above us would do in my opinion.

Personally I’ve never been totally convinced by him but I appreciate I seem to be in a minority there.

I made this point the other day though, if silva and brands want 2 new centre halves then they need to sell one that we have. It won’t be easy to sell Williams, particularly as he’s injured, so then you have a decision to make. If they don’t think holgate is ready yet, do they cash in on him? It wouldn’t surprise me.
But..................Keane!

Baines isnt gash. What rubbish.

Does he have the legs he had 5 years ago? No. Is he a poor footballer because of that, no. He's an absolute perfect rotational player for any LB we may sign.

Ha I didn’t mean Baines is gash. The list just shows contracts expiring over the next two seasons. He’s one of the few I’d keep as can be decent backup. Of the named players, there’s plenty of gashness needing to be binned.

Imagine a left wing of Tierney and Lozano... and then Seamus and Lookman on the right.

Walcott and Coleman have looked encouraging down the right.

Having a left back who can bomb on like Coleman does would make us so much more dangerous. Particularly if our 2 wide men attack the box and support whoever is central (likely to be Tosun)

But then he’ll only have one year left in his contract I think?

My point was not that they need to sell him, more that they may not think he’s that great and so would be content to move him on. It’s what any of the teams above us would do in my opinion.

It's just the same as say the RS selling Gomez this summer.

It's just the same as say the RS selling Gomez this summer.
Again, in my opinion holgate is not even close to gomez’s level. Nowhere near.

The point i’m Trying to make is that if the management see it the same way I do, they won’t be all that bothered about losing him. It’s not plan a, but it’s not something they’d dismiss out of hand either. 2 years ago people thought we were mad/papers were lying that Galloway was available for transfer. Turns out it was true, and we probably now wish we’d actually done it because he’ll end up going to league one for a pittance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back