Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the big, big problem with Holgate is attitude. He’s seemingly coasted through on natural talent to this point, but when it starts to get tough his head seemingly goes. The whole incident across the park and the aftermath points to a lad that struggles under pressure. If he has the mental tenacity to push on remains to be seen.

Not claiming any ITK status here, just basing it on what we’ve seen.

Think the big, big problem with Holgate is attitude. He’s seemingly coasted through on natural talent to this point, but when it starts to get tough his head seemingly goes. The whole incident across the park and the aftermath points to a lad that struggles under pressure. If he has the mental tenacity to push on remains to be seen.
how was that incident with Firmino related to pressure? We'll never know what happened there I'm just assuming he said something in a another language and Holgate thought it was racist, I don't see any other explanation for him going crazy like that.

how was that incident with Firmino related to pressure? We'll never know what happened there I'm just assuming he said something in a another language and Holgate thought it was racist, I don't see any other explanation for him going crazy like that.
Please, it was a clear as day shove in the back, yes it was made a meal of by Firmino, but Holgates reaction was a lad that realised he could be in a good few feet of the brown stuff.

Erm what? Management threw him under a bus after the Firmino incident. One of the few players on the pitch that day that gave a crap.

I’ve only put the lads up who contracts are expiring over the next two years. The figures might not be accurate, but appear ball park. The older lads with one year left on contracts don’t pose a problem if they can contribute as back up member. Williams needs booting. For anyone that has two years left we need them out, barring McCarthy who won’t get any suitors whilst injured.

I’ve not included the players on longer term contracts, but there’s loads of gash players we can offload. Even if it’s loans.

Steklenburg June 2019 £30k
Baines June 2019 £70k
Williams June 2019 £70k
Jagielka June 2019 £50k
Martina June 2020 £35k
Galloway June 2020 £23k
Garbutt June 2020 £23k
McCarthy June 2020 £50k
Mirallas June 2020 £70k
Niasse June 2020 £55k
Tarashaj June 2020 £15k

Swing and a huge miss.

I’ve only put the lads up who contracts are expiring over the next two years. The figures might not be accurate, but appear ball park. The older lads with one year left on contracts don’t pose a problem if they can contribute as back up member. Williams needs booting. For anyone that has two years left we need them out, barring McCarthy who won’t get any suitors whilst injured.

I’ve not included the players on longer term contracts, but there’s loads of gash players we can offload. Even if it’s loans.

Steklenburg June 2019 £30k
Baines June 2019 £70k
Williams June 2019 £70k
Jagielka June 2019 £50k
Martina June 2020 £35k
Galloway June 2020 £23k
Garbutt June 2020 £23k
McCarthy June 2020 £50k
Mirallas June 2020 £70k
Niasse June 2020 £55k
Tarashaj June 2020 £15k

Baines isnt gash. What rubbish.

Does he have the legs he had 5 years ago? No. Is he a poor footballer because of that, no. He's an absolute perfect rotational player for any LB we may sign.

It's possible that it's Holgate who wants to leave. Did he play after the Derby? I can't remember.
There was an article on the OS 10 days ago which I think somebody posted to his own thread. Didn't sound like a player who was itching for a move.

It's a strange one. Can only hope there's no truth in it but the rest of the article from Bascombe appears to be pretty much on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back