Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's better on the ball and technically than any of our other cbs
I’m not sure he’s better on the ball than Holgate. But we probably need 2 new CBs if we are going to pass out of the back the way Silva likes to work the ball forward. I like him, just wish he was a bit quicker, a bit taller. Everton fans would LOVE him though.

Loving the link to Tierney, know a lad who supports Celtic and he’s raved about him for some time. He’s also said Ajer is brilliant too and probably get a big move soon. Didn’t rate Dembele and said he was too inconsistent and preferred Griffiths.

I’ll add he didn’t think Tierney would move to us and if he left he would go to a CL team. I’ll also add he doesn’t know the lad, he’s just a fan and he’s probably letting his heart rule his head. I think he’s attainable - especially as all the clubs above us in the league have left back positions sorted apart from Man Utd.

The passion he has for Celtic is a good thing and he could transfer that love to us just the way Kevin Campbell, Duncan Ferguson and others have done - most recently Seamus.

..interested to see if Baines pushes for a move if we sign a LB. I know he’s on big bucks, but I doubt he’ll be wanting to sit on the bench and be no2 no3.

By the look of it, we're looking to sign three to four players only. If we manage to get quality like Tierney on the other positions (centre half, centre mid and winger) we'd be much much stronger team. I'm starting to get excited :)

..interested to see if Baines pushes for a move if we sign a LB. I know he’s on big bucks, but I doubt he’ll be wanting to sit on the bench and be no2 no3.
To be honest I can see him just wanting to wind down now. We wouldn't drop him immediately if we did replace him and even he must know that he hasn't got too many seasons ahead of him.

Perhaps another 2 years then taking an American move for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back