Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe the Holgate stuff. Surely he’s the last CB we would get rid of? Williams is finished. Jags will be in a year. Keane has plenty of flaws. Holgate is probably the lowest earner out of them all as well.
I know not everyone will agree, however you'd have expected that Williams and possibly Keane would have been shipped off before Mori but he's still gone.

I don’t believe the Holgate stuff. Surely he’s the last CB we would get rid of? Williams is finished. Jags will be in a year. Keane has plenty of flaws. Holgate is probably the lowest earner out of them all as well.
This. I’m hoping it’s just lazy journalism...again. He could rarely get in BFS’s team, and with us being linked to defenders (already a better start than the Walsh times, which we will never speak of again) they’ve gone with the Everton looking to offload unused kid route ;)

Took a mental note of that pony-tailed guy in the world cup being a bit error prone - and it turns out we are in for him !

If Williams moves on I guess it makes some sense - but you'd hope not for 20 million.

Straight swap for Klaasen might be pragmatic, heh.

I have missed the Holgate out stuff, what has been said?

It's the last sentence in the Dominic King article about our Tierney interest/bid. Sort of thrown on the end after a bit about Rooney etc leaving. Said -
It could also be that they will listen to offers for England under-21 international Mason Holgate.

It's the last sentence in the Dominic King article about our Tierney interest/bid. Sort of thrown on the end after a bit about Rooney etc leaving. Said -
It could also be that they will listen to offers for England under-21 international Mason Holgate.
That's the problem with replacing a new manager and dof at the same time. No one has seen him play, they look at the stats and the fact that he was dropped after the Derby and deem him not good enough.

Galloway, Browning and Pennington to leave before Holgate I would have thought.

Next to promote or load would be Feeney, Foulds and Lewis Gibson.

That's the problem with replacing a new manager and dof at the same time. No one has seen him play, they look at the stats and the fact that he was dropped after the Derby and deem him not good enough.

I expect they might ask about a bit - including Unsworth - before they give away a multi-million pound asset. Paper or agent talk.

well to be fair they did say they are willing to listen to offers and they don't want rid but still bizarre they would consider an offer if one came in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back