Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Vida stuff is weird, don't think I believe it myself. Didn't Brands say he wouldn't buy players based off a few appearances at the World Cup?

This Vida stuff is weird, don't think I believe it myself. Didn't Brands say he wouldn't buy players based off a few appearances at the World Cup?
Well, I dont know anything about the guy myself, but despite finishing 4th Besiktas did have the best defense in the league for whatever thats worth.

It could also be that we plan to get rid of Funes Mori, Williams, AND Jags. Which would mean we would need to bring 2 in, and hes the 2nd, a swap for Funes Mori.

Vida is tough and versatile as he can play LB in a pinch. Tough as nails, great in the tackle, good in the air, just not that big or skilled as I recall. Not sure he’s a PL CB, though. He’d be a great backup / squad player.

Well theres Holgates replacement.

18m Euros for ugly boy, he better be able to play.

Seen him lots goat, good player, but the numbers thrown up etc are jarg, he'd be a relatively cheap pickup from beskitas - IF we even have any interest.

Reckon we are deffo after 2 cbs now though it looks like

Seems like Mori, Williams and now Holgate could all be off, so two would be a minimum to bring in.

Vida as an option alongside another solid cb and with Keane also in the mix wouldnt be a bad trio... Least this summer is interesting as it's different.

Last edited:
Seen him lots goat, good player, but the numbers thrown up etc are jarg, he'd be a relatively cheap pickup from beskitas - IF we even have any interest.

Reckon we are deffo after 2 cbs now do could be like.

Seems like Mori, Williams and now Holgate could all be off, so two would be a minimum to bring in.

Vida as an option alongside another solid cb and with Keane also in the mix would be a bad trio... Least this summer is interesting as it's different.

Marcel is just trying to punt everybody, I called 18 Outs 6 Ins. Im still hopeful.

Vida is tough and versatile as he can play LB in a pinch. Tough as nails, great in the tackle, good in the air, just not that big or skilled as I recall. Not sure he’s a PL CB, though. He’d be a great backup / squad player.

He's better on the ball and technically than any of our other cbs

Marcel is just trying to punt everybody, I called 18 Outs 6 Ins. Im still hopeful.

It looks like from the outside he has a list with s few names with shift at all costs in them, Rooney being one and a few others too, then a list with the players we wanna keep on it, a much smaller list, then literally every one else us in the bist if well nice then if there's interest in them.

Diuble figures 'senior' outs I'd say looks likely easily now, ins I think 5 maybe six at a push.

Tierney and Lozano would be massive in terms if showing the new strategy at the club, as in paying for potential rather than paying based on past achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back