Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suspect we will be linked with MORE players this window, the reason being, I think we are more likely to identify multiple targets at each position in case we dont get our first choice(unlike in the past), and that we will stick with our valuations and be more willing to walk away if the price gets above that(see: NOT Siggurdson).

....it’s the first day of July and here’s what’s being said about the Toffees transfer dealings this Sunday morning;

- The Liverpool Echo pick up on reports from various outlets linking Everton with Celtic’s Left Back, Kieran Tierney. The Echo says Celtic value the 21 year old at £25m which would make him easily Scotland’s most expensive player of all time.

- 4th Official continue to link Stoke City with a move for Everton’s 33 year old Centre Back, Ashley Williams, as well as saying Everton could use Davy Klaassen as part of a possible swap deal for Besiktas Centre Back, Domagoj Vida. Turkish Football say Leicester City have outbid Everton with a £12.4m offer for Vida but Besiktas want £13.3m for the Croatian.

- According to The Chronicle, Ki Sung-Yueng snubbed Everton and West Ham before signing for Newcastle United on Friday. The midfielder signed a two-year contract with the Magpies after suffering relegation with Swansea.

- Sport Witness report Samuel Bastien has signed for Standard Liege from Verona but Everton and Aston Villa had made enquiries about the 21 year old midfielder.

- InsideFootball say Roma look like signing Everton target, Hakim Ziyech, from Ajax. The future of the 25 year old Moroccan playmaker is expected to become clear in coming days.

Last edited:

Today’s reports make for depressing reading. More about who we’ve missed out on, or about to miss out on, rather than suggesting any actual signings.

Oh well we’ve got just over a month left. Let’s hope Everton have streamlined their transfer process and we can see 1 or 2 arrivals. If not, Silva can work with what we’ve got until January or next summer.

Today’s reports make for depressing reading. More about who we’ve missed out on, or about to miss out on, rather than suggesting any actual signings.

Oh well we’ve got just over a month left. Let’s hope Everton have streamlined their transfer process and we can see 1 or 2 arrivals. If not, Silva can work with what we’ve got until January or next summer.

...I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re missing out on players. The quotes from Bastien suggest he joined Liege because that was the only firm offer he received. I dare say agents are contacting Brands and he might show some interest but not enough to get involved.

Apart from the promoted teams and a few small deals here and there - signing after loan deals or free transfers etc. - then it's been quiet for most of the clubs.

Yes we've got a lot of business to do and that itself brings its own worried, however I feel that we need to be patient and I'm sure moves will begin soon.

A part of this will be based on how many players we show out of the door, which is not the whole 'sell-to-buy' philosphy but knowing who we need to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back