Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the promoted teams and a few small deals here and there - signing after loan deals or free transfers etc. - then it's been quiet for most of the clubs.

Yes we've got a lot of business to do and that itself brings its own worried, however I feel that we need to be patient and I'm sure moves will begin soon.

A part of this will be based on how many players we show out of the door, which is not the whole 'sell-to-buy' philosphy but knowing who we need to replace.
Not sell to buy but we already have a big squad so need to reduce the numbers before we get any more in anyway. Got a feeling we will get rid of 8-10 and sign 4 or 5.

More believable than most other news outlets they still get fed information from sources at the club.

200w.gif

Echo saying we have to sell before we buy, this is very worrying reading. I get having to bail a few out but it shouldn’t stop us from acquiring.

Mersey Billionares don’t make me laugh. Fun while it lasted back to normality now.

The money was there, it was just wasted.

We could lose 15 players from our squad without doing any harm at all. In fact I think a lot of the tensions / bad atmosphere are due to having so many inactive players.

I'd rather Brands/Silva actually looked at the 35 players in our squad in training for a few weeks before actually deciding who we sign.

Just because Koeman/Allardyce style football didn't suit them it doesn't mean they are useless.

We could well end up with Vlasic, Dowell, Lookman, Klaassen, Sandro as first team regulars next season. Dare I say it, like 5 new signings.

The obvious area to strengthen is left back but again if Robinson/Gibson really impress in training who is to say that they won't be seen as good rotation options with Baines?

Sandro and Klaassen looked way to slow for the prem league, and the problem remains they're both number 10's (maybe with Rooney gone one of them can be understudy to Sigurdsson)...
I'm sure Lookman will get opportunities this season... Honestly haven't been impressed with Vlasic...

We need new signings!

Echo saying we have to sell before we buy, this is very worrying reading. I get having to bail a few out but it shouldn’t stop us from acquiring.

Mersey Billionares don’t make me laugh. Fun while it lasted back to normality now.

On the contrary
'And, let's be clear, this is not a "sell to buy" strategy as some are suggesting - it's much more of a "sell THEN buy" approach.'

Is the quote from the echo

I suppose if you were just looking to have a mid-table team and save some money then we could just keep / trim the current squad. Even then we need a CB and LB.

Sandro and Klaassen looked way to slow for the prem league, and the problem remains they're both number 10's (maybe with Rooney gone one of them can be understudy to Sigurdsson)...
I'm sure Lookman will get opportunities this season... Honestly haven't been impressed with Vlasic...

We need new signings!

What I never understand with the "too slow for the prem" bit is whenever a bottom 14 PL team plays a halfway decent European team they are battered.

I'd rather Brands/Silva actually looked at the 35 players in our squad in training for a few weeks before actually deciding who we sign.

Just because Koeman/Allardyce style football didn't suit them it doesn't mean they are useless.

We could well end up with Vlasic, Dowell, Lookman, Klaassen, Sandro as first team regulars next season. Dare I say it, like 5 new signings.

The obvious area to strengthen is left back but again if Robinson/Gibson really impress in training who is to say that they won't be seen as good rotation options with Baines?
I know he wasn't popular on the forum,but I'm surprised Mori didn't get that chance.

I'd be very worried if it took them 'weeks' to realise 3/4s of the squad need walking off a cliff edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back