Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if you were just looking to have a mid-table team and save some money then we could just keep / trim the current squad. Even then we need a CB and LB.
I think this may be the case for a season or two whilst we reshape the squad and hopefully adopt a sustainable and progressive football philosophy under Marco and Marcel. I would take this if we see real progress, a few deep cup runs, Europa league runs and most importantly genuine news on the new stadium plans and realistic timelines.

I'd rather Brands/Silva actually looked at the 35 players in our squad in training for a few weeks before actually deciding who we sign.

Just because Koeman/Allardyce style football didn't suit them it doesn't mean they are useless.

We could well end up with Vlasic, Dowell, Lookman, Klaassen, Sandro as first team regulars next season. Dare I say it, like 5 new signings.

The obvious area to strengthen is left back but again if Robinson/Gibson really impress in training who is to say that they won't be seen as good rotation options with Baines?

...i’d be very surprised if Brands/Silva don’t already have a very good idea of the current squad. They can analyse them until the cows come home but it won’t make slow players fast, it won’t make the technically poor, technically good and it won’t turn bad attitudes into good.

The squad is truly unbalanced, the squad lacks the pace, quality and athleticism required to take us up a notch.

...i’d be very surprised if Brands/Silva don’t already have a very good idea of the current squad. They can analyse them until the cows come home but it won’t make slow players fast, it won’t make the technically poor, technically good and it won’t turn bad attitudes into good.

The squad is truly unbalanced, the squad lacks the pace, quality and athleticism required to take us up a notch.

They'll have seen all of ours games I'd imagine and lots of training videos (I suspect they film every session anyway) so they'll know. Do their due diligence on personalities and cliques etc. as well.

It’s far more important that we have a full clearout of all the dross & bad apples. Especially the higher paid ones. Hopefully get back to a squad of 26.

Even if we only signed a CB (a quality one obviously), we could get to January in good shape with what we’ve got.

Not saying I don’t want us to sign 3 or 4, but only if they’re the right players at the right price. Williams, Klaasen, Sandro, Bolasie should be lessons learned.

Sandro and Klaassen looked way to slow for the prem league, and the problem remains they're both number 10's (maybe with Rooney gone one of them can be understudy to Sigurdsson)...
I'm sure Lookman will get opportunities this season... Honestly haven't been impressed with Vlasic...

We need new signings!

Neither Klassen or Sandro are a number 10.

It’s far more important that we have a full clearout of all the dross & bad apples. Especially the higher paid ones. Hopefully get back to a squad of 26.

Even if we only signed a CB (a quality one obviously), we could get to January in good shape with what we’ve got.

Not saying I don’t want us to sign 3 or 4, but only if they’re the right players at the right price. Williams, Klaasen, Sandro, Bolasie should be lessons learned.
Dear LORD!

More believable than most other news outlets they still get fed information from sources at the club.

No they arnt and no they dont. When Joyce, Hunter, King and Bascombe report things together, meaning they have obviously been briefed by the club, the Echo are running articles on Salah's eyelashes or why Messi should be gutted he doesnt get daily hugs off Klopp.

They are a joke when it comes to Everton, remember the "warning that Evertons potential new ground could sink into the Mersey in 3012".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back