Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori was proven accident waiting to happen atrociousness. As much as it’s easy to say now, I never rated him. Keane had a mare last year but was good for Burnley, our outlay on him was significant and just maybe he can turn it around? Significantly, Jags is our best centre back and we desperately need a few bodies in at the back.
But it never really did though,yes he made a few mistakes as all players do,but nothing that lost us points in important games.If Silva is looking for pace and intensity,that certainly isn't and never will be Keane.

Why do people believe the Mori sale means Silva/Brands rate Keane or Williams any higher?

Mori went, because we received a bid for him. I would think (& hope) Williams will be sat down tomorrow & told he’s surplus to requirements. Same for Keane, unless they think they can get a tune out of him.

Why do people believe the Mori sale means Silva/Brands rate Keane or Williams any higher?

Mori went, because we received a bid for him. I would think (& hope) Williams will be sat down tomorrow & told he’s surplus to requirements. Same for Keane, unless they think they can get a tune out of him.

Think it very unlikely Keane will be moved on, hes at a good age and contrary to what people say he has at times looked a player.

Williams will be punted, we dont pick the order players leave in, buying clubs do.

But it never really did though,yes he made a few mistakes as all players do,but nothing that lost us points in important games.If Silva is looking for pace and intensity,that certainly isn't and never will be Keane.

All games are important and I watched Funes Mori demonstrate the rush of blood/crazy pass gene enough to opine that I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the starting XI.

I think you’re right about Keane, on the basis of last season I can’t see it happening. I’d love to be proven wrong. We probably should have signed Mees instead of him.

Does anyone think Alfie Mawson would do any good for us? Got me a few points on fantasy football with his goal return. I know that alone would have had Stevie Walsh on the Concorde to Cardiff international.

If the papers are right and there is interest in Garbutt, Williams, Bolasie and Schneiderlin then that is a massive reduction in the wage bill and hopefully some money back in the coffers. I imagine any deal for Klassen will be a loan that will get at least half his wages off the books and then it’s really just Sandro and I would say McCarthy that are left on big wages and haven’t comtributed anything over the past three years that we need to do somethings my with.
I’d be amazed if Silva wanted Keane over holgate as Silva likes to play with a press and higher line which I don’t think Keane can deal with.
I would be happy with a new starting left back, pacy centre half, creative midfielder and a new forward. I don’t think we need more than that in this window. 4 possibly 5 in with another 10 out and we suddenly have a young aggressive squad as opposed to the ill balanced mess Walsh left us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back