Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10 year master-plan is to sell the whole squad and get relegated. With the transfer fees, savings on wages and the parachute payments we buy the best young players in the world and plot our way to the top of the Premiership.

I don't think Keane is that bad and could improve paired with the right partner. Although granted he's been a disappointment and shown a worrying lack of physicality at times for the fee. But I think just on age and potential grounds he will be kept. I'd be surprised if Holgate was sold he may be loaned but he has potential. Hopefully things start moving over the next few weeks, we have till the 31st of August to offload don't we? Mirallas, Williams, Sandro and Garbutt are definitely outs. Then there are big questions over Bolasie, Klassen, Besic. Key positions for me that we just have to strengthen are center half, central midfielder and left back. On top of that a left wing/forward and maybe another keeper would be nice but we could probably 'get by' till January without if Lookman/Dowell/Vlasic are given starts.

Why do people believe the Mori sale means Silva/Brands rate Keane or Williams any higher?

Mori went, because we received a bid for him. I would think (& hope) Williams will be sat down tomorrow & told he’s surplus to requirements. Same for Keane, unless they think they can get a tune out of him.

..I think that’s right. It’ll take much less time for them to talk with the players they want, than the ones who are for sale.

Doubt we are selling Keane, we wouldn't get the fee back or we'd have to sub his wages + after Williams went we'd be left with ... Jagielka and Holgate.

Think it very unlikely Keane will be moved on, hes at a good age and contrary to what people say he has at times looked a player.

Williams will be punted, we dont pick the order players leave in, buying clubs do.

Don’t disagree. He looked promising at Burnley & came into a struggling Everton side that clearly hadn’t issues on & off the field. If the new regime can get him back on track, fantastic.

Yes, we had a bid for Mori & not for Williams. That’s the point I was making to the bed wetters.

Just bid already everton ...

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has hit out at Chelseafor the lack of opportunities they give to young players that come through their academy.
Asked about his experience of life at Stamford Bridge, Loftus-Cheek said: "It's been so difficult to go from playing every game then get to the seniors and not be given a chance.
"It's really difficult mentally, there's only so long you just enjoy training with top players.
"From a year ago, I've improved so much from playing. A game situation is so, so, different.
"It's hard to compare the faith of Gareth Southgate and Roy Hodgson and lack of Antonio Conte faith because Chelsea is a big club and managers are under pressure and maybe don't want to take a chance on a young player.
"I don't understand what's going on behind the scenes fully."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back