Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I try not to have a view on individual targets but watching Vida, i’d be very disappointed if we are truly interested in him. He looks everything we don’t need; aged 29, not particularly mobile, struggles when the ball is played in behind him. Surely we can be more progressive than him.
just thinking that Eggs, squad filler at best not what we need at all

Mori is crap at defending unfortunately. Just as bad as Keane. Hope Keane can improve.
Thing is we are hearing what a top coach Silva is and how much he improves players.I would put forward the idea that Mori has all the raw material to mold into a top defender pace,aerial ability,strength,determination,Keane...not so much.

just thinking that Eggs, squad filler at best not what we need at all

..we have enough of them at CB. It’s short-term and we want strategic signings. Hopefully it’s jarg, really can’t see why we’d spend big on a 29 year old who went for free in January. It doesn’t make sense.

..we have enough of them at CB. It’s short-term and we want strategic signings. Hopefully it’s jarg, really can’t see why we’d spend big on a 29 year old who went for free in January. It doesn’t make sense.

I don't see why the free in January thing makes any difference. Its about what his price would be if he wasn't free. We have a different manager and different staff now than when he was free also.

Not really making much sense as you say, from what you can gather he struggled in Turkey .

All games are important and I watched Funes Mori demonstrate the rush of blood/crazy pass gene enough to opine that I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the starting XI.

I think you’re right about Keane, on the basis of last season I can’t see it happening. I’d love to be proven wrong. We probably should have signed Mees instead of him.
I know someone who has a pub in Burnley,he told me Tarkowski was the one we should have signed.Mori was a hot head but it might have been interesting to see if Silva could have coached it out of him.

Plus you should never buy off the back of a few World Cup games.Loved Amo,but really he was a waste of money at the time.

I agree but this video shows a guy with a very good attitude! Or one who's trying to impress someone else...

If he is willing to give it a go and Silva can get more out of him, fine. I just question the guys heart for a fight, he crumbles when it gets tough and strolls around like he is above our level half the time. Which is surprising since it's his last chance at the club and he worked his way up the league's with Southampton. I have been disappointed with him in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back