Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fellaini had played for anyone but us we'd be taking the piss out of him. Its embarrassing when he comes on sub for Utd and the team launches the ball towards him at every opportunity, do not care if he scores or causes a nuisance, no team who win things regularly use this tactic. Belgium did it last night, got back level and seemed to drop him back in as a "normal" midfielder at 2-2. The stat that astounded me was he has one assist in 100 odd games, that's crap by any midfield standards.

He’s a joke as a deep lying midfielder. He has no guile whatsoever and a severely limited passing range. The one thing he is great at is being a nuisance from set pieces and he’s a decent finisher. If teams want to play to his strengths then that’s fine but you’ll never have an attractive free flowing football team with Fellaini at the heart of it. Our football only improved once Moyes clocked on and started playing him behind the striker so some real midfielders could do the actual playing football bit further back.

Yeah maybe, would he improve anything though?

That's not even having a go at him, he is a good and unique type of player, but even when he was in his prime with us (Could say he still is I suppose..) we were still only competing for the best of the rest with arguably better players around him.
He was good for us. Imposing figure in midfield, extremely useful in both boxes, always causes havoc and creates space for other players as defenders have their eyes on him at set pieces, has the ability to control ball and lay it off with little fuss. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Alas, it's over.

If Fellaini had played for anyone but us we'd be taking the piss out of him. Its embarrassing when he comes on sub for Utd and the team launches the ball towards him at every opportunity, do not care if he scores or causes a nuisance, no team who win things regularly use this tactic. Belgium did it last night, got back level and seemed to drop him back in as a "normal" midfielder at 2-2. The stat that astounded me was he has one assist in 100 odd games, that's crap by any midfield standards.
there's a few other stats out there that he topped, playing different positions, its a certain section of our fans that embarrass me

Their fans almost unanimously want him back, but the dildo brothers wont pay 25m. He says Silva is the best manager he ever had…

Inter were linked with Klaassen as well in January, may be a solution that suits everyone there if Inter didnt already have 23 midfielders
He was terrific for West Ham when I watched him. A class above in terms of passing and control.

- According to The Chronicle, Everton have cooled their interest in Newcastle captain, Jamaal Lascelles. Everton are trying to clear out some of their deadwood and any deal for the Centre Back is now off the table.
Gutted.

A Lascelles - Holgate would be a sensationally handsome partnership in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back