Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A two year period that has saw a dramatic decline in the quality of our squad, and a move further away from the top six, which we were actually a part of not so long ago.

Every club in the entire division has money, and is now more secure than they were 10 years ago. But Everton have declined with regards our squad quality and ability to compete with the top 6.
WBA and Stoke say hi to your first sentence of the second paragraph

...allied to the agent involved.
So player in demand goes where he knows people, I very much doubt it. He will go the highest profile club which is not us. As its all very quiet on the signings front I just hope there are moves behind the scenes and we just get announcements rather than speculation and then the inevitable failure to sign.

...if you feel a pang, I suggest you play a re-run of his last few performances in Derby matches and then add in that he’s now on £100k+ per week and has deep rooted hamstring problems.

Agree with this mate, BUT I would take him back on loan with an option our end to purchase at season's end for a set knock down fee, proovesxhe can stay fit great, doesn't we send him back to rot in Chelsea's reserves

We have the memories, and the platonic ideal of what Barkley could be - but chances of him coming close to that are getting pretty small - he's Chelsea's problem now.

WBA and Stoke say hi to your first sentence of the second paragraph

If WBA and Stoke are saying hi, then they are saying it as two yo-yo clubs that are currently in the Championship with parachute payments that probably match or even surpass the money they were receiving 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back