Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, our decline. We are far further away from the top 6 than we were before he came. We actually used to make up part of the top six on several occasions before the decline set in.

Don't think its decline bud, more the top six have pulled further away

This is going to take three years to sort, if you think it will happen overnight you are kidding yourself, I hope @MarcelsGoat is correct with the 6 in, but I cannot see it, think more around the three myself, but three quality signings....hopefully

No he wouldn't....

He couldn't get near the Chelsea starting 11, the only way we should be looking at Ross is on a season long loan with a view to buy at $15 million plus Chelsea paying 50% of his wages whilst he is on loan

That injury is a lot worse than first believed....
injuries aside, I'm not advocating the transfer I'm addressing the revisionism about his abilities

Attributes? Yes we should, attitude? Intelligence? Decision making and effort? No we shouldn’t. He wasn’t “running games after Xmas” he scored a few amd wasn’t playing as bad as he was before .. he then had a little 6-10 game spelll and went back to his lazy, unproductive and indecisive self .
whatevs toxic, your usual revisionist self

Don't think its decline bud, more the top six have pulled further away

This is going to take three years to sort, if you think it will happen overnight you are kidding yourself, I hope @MarcelsGoat is correct with the 6 in, but I cannot see it, think more around the three myself, but three quality signings....hopefully

3 first teamers and 3 yoot punts is what ive said.

The most important thing is to shed the utter tosh that is rife.

No he wouldn't....

He couldn't get near the Chelsea starting 11, the only way we should be looking at Ross is on a season long loan with a view to buy at $15 million plus Chelsea paying 50% of his wages whilst he is on loan

I have no hatred for Barkleys, just a bit disappointed he was never consistent and then did the dirty on us.
For those wanting to see him again, stick to watching YouTube CCTV clips of him getting chinned by a sneaky scaly.

That was one of his whopping 21 goals in 150 games for us. He’s gone. His hammy is done. Move on.
Couldn’t agree more ... was posting a reply I didn’t bring him up, barkley won’t go on to achieve anything significant in his career other than making money

whatevs toxic, your usual revisionist self

Toxic? Because I don’t rate barkley? Some of our fans really can’t see or admit to themselves that he was over rated because you wanted him to make it. He was a blue and people were blinded by it in the end , when he came through he was blue and looked one of the best in Europe for his age and had special abilities that can’t be coached . This meant if he could improve the things that can be coached or gained by experience He COULD be world class, meaning he had massive potential. Unfortunatley he didn’t improve those attributes enough and seemed stupid, lazy, and more interested in going out being the big man , than actually improving and now he’s a greedy rat as well. Some blues can’t change their mind from when he did have potential and was a blue even tho those days are long gone

No he wouldn't....

Did it impair his thought process? Said it before thick as mince.

.....Tuesday’s Toffee transfer tit-bits;

- Following yesterday’s link, French newspaper L’equippe are also saying Everton are keeping tabs on Rennes defender, Ramy Bensebaïni. The 23 year old made 36 league and Cup appearances for the French outfit last season as Rennes finished a surprising 5th place in Ligue 1.

- The Liverpool Echo report the reason for Wayne Rooney’s recent departure from Goodison Park lie with those in charge at Everton. Rooney insists the move was not of his own making.

- According to The Daily Mail, Everton have made an enquiry for Nice striker, Alassane Plea. The 25 year old came through the ranks at Lyon before leaving for first team football with Nice in 2014. The versatile forward scored 21 goals last season and a fee of £27m is being discussed with many clubs showing interest.

- Gazzetta dello Sport say Everton and Bournemouth are keen on Inter Milan midfielder, Joao Mário. The 25 year old Portuguese spent part of last season on loan at West Ham but they are no longer interested in the player.

- Eindhoven Dagblad suggest the performances of Hirving Lozano for Mexico at this summers World Cup have increased his value to €40m (£35.4m). With some of Europe’s big boys bound to be keen, it is unlikely the PSV winger will be heading to Goodison.

- Turkish media outlet, Aspor, claim Liverpool have made a £12m bid for Everton target, Domagoj Vida. The 29 year old Croatian Centre Back plays for Besiktas.

- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers is widely reported to have had a long chat with Kieran Tierney urging him to keep focused amid links to Everton. The 21 year old Manx born Left Back grew up supporting Celtic and has been at the club since 2005.

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed Left Back, Luke Garbutt, has joined Oxford United on a season long loan. The 25 year old is looking to get his career back on track.

- According to The Chronicle, Everton have cooled their interest in Newcastle captain, Jamaal Lascelles. Everton are trying to clear out some of their deadwood and any deal for the Centre Back is now off the table.

- Amid links to Marseilles, the Liverpool Echo quote Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin as saying he’s ‘hungry, ready and has big ambition for the season ahead under new manager, Marco Silva’.

Last edited:
Barkley is over his injury issue. There is literally nothing to suggest he isn’t. He didn’t get in the Chelsea side because he’s just not good enough.
His fan boys just can’t accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back