Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I don’t get this European Football requirement. Celtic are in the Champions League every season. I think there are elite clubs but beyond that, it’s lots down to £s. Everton can offer lots of pounds if none of the elite are interested.
I think the premier league holds massive appeal to players nowadays. 38 premier league games is much more appealing that 6 CL games (if they reach the group stage) and rubbish league matches.

Hmm, I think we'll be buying two centre backs, we're getting linked with a hell of a lot of them, sold mori and are looking to offload Williams.

Not including Williams but if we are offloading one of Keane or Holgate absolutely no chance we are signing 2x CB's.

Keane
Jags
Holgate
???

5 CB's means 3 are on the bench every game. I think Mina is paper talk sadly.

Last edited:
Not sure I believe this Mina link. Reminds me of overloading on #10’s last year but this time on right sided centre halves. Williams is right sided, but just assume as we all hope that he’s punted, that still leaves Jagielka, Keane and Holgate (who apparently isn’t for sale and will play a prominent role next season) as right sided centre backs at the club.

After Mori was sold, we literally don’t have a single left sided centre back at the club other than Lewis Gibson in the u23’s.

Mina as good as he is, is yet another right sided defender which again would leave the squad unbalanced. The likes of Jagielka and Keane CAN play the left sided defender role of course, but it isn’t their best position and it isn’t ideal.

The stories have been constant since the end of the season, by the Echo and elsewhere, that we’re looking for a left back, left sided centre back and a winger/striker.

Unless there are deals in the offing to punt Williams AND Keane/Jags then I’d be surprised if the centre back brought in isn’t left footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back