Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are certainly the most stressful PL club to support during the transfer window. Just over a month to go and not a whiff of any credible news or offiical talks/bids for players.

Not so concerned over outgoings as foreign clubs can still come in for our players until end of august but we really need to start making moves.

I just hope the club havent sacrificed this season as a season of chopping the squad with only 1-2 late incomings as we have the potential to challenge the top 6 this season:

1. No europe

2. New manager bounce

3.only 2-3 of our players away at the WC so more of our players fresh.

4. New manager at Arsenal.

5. Potential turmoil at chelsea

6. Unknown situation at Liverpool with Buvac gone and Salah possibly experiencing 2nd season syndrome

I would be annoyed if we dont go gung ho at this season and bring in 3-4 top quality additions to improve the starting 11.

We are certainly the most stressful PL club to support during the transfer window. Just over a month to go and not a whiff of any credible news or offiical talks/bids for players.

Not so concerned over outgoings as foreign clubs can still come in for our players until end of august but we really need to start making moves.

I just hope the club havent sacrificed this season as a season of chopping the squad with only 1-2 late incomings as we have the potential to challenge the top 6 this season:

1. No europe

2. New manager bounce

6. Unknown situation at Liverpool with Buvac gone and Salah possibly experiencing 2nd season syndrome

I would be annoyed if we dont go gung ho at this season and bring in 3-4 top quality additions to improve the starting 11.

<------------------------

863280539.g_400-w_g.jpg

20 players signed.
7 still in squad - McCarthy, Galloway, Besic, Niasse, Tarashaj, Foulds, Holgate. Only Niasse, Holgate and McCarthy play. Only Holgate would sell for a profit.
3 sold for profit - Lukaku (£50m profit), Deulofeu (£8m profit), Cleverly (£8m profit)
10 sold for loss or released.

So 16 losses and 4 profits.

Been a cluster-love since Moyes left.

Again?

Tarshaj cost us 3.6 million. Martinez bought 14 players, of which only 2 have yielded a net return, and one very modestly. But you already knew that.
Do you realise there is a massive inflation since 2013 or you just don’t care about money?

Lukaku no doubt but no other made the so-called significant transaction and please Dave, cease living in your RM wet dream...

Oh, doesn't an overall net gain count as an overall net gain? Sorry, my mistake, I thought it did. Obvioulsy not though as you seem to have to make a profit on every player that's signed.

Lol.

Back to the drawing board lads.

How I wish that every player we have on our books was sold. Then we not buy anyone because they play in sh1t leagues and not good enough.

Start the season with no players and see where we finish.

Seems to be a summary of GOTters on here,

20 players signed.
7 still in squad - McCarthy, Galloway, Besic, Niasse, Tarashaj, Foulds, Holgate. Only Niasse, Holgate and McCarthy play. Only Holgate would sell for a profit.
3 sold for profit - Lukaku (£50m profit), Deulofeu (£8m profit), Cleverly (£8m profit)
10 sold for loss or released.

So 16 losses and 4 profits.

Been a cluster-love since Moyes left.
Besic could definitely make a profit.

1. No europe

2. New manager bounce

A bit dreamworld this. Liverpool were about 30 points clear of us and in the Champions League final, we aren’t suddenly overtaking them because Buvac has gone.

A bit dreamworld this. Liverpool were about 30 points clear of us and in the Champions League final, we aren’t suddenly overtaking them because Buvac has gone.

Leicester went from relegation battle to winning the league in 1 season

Utd went from winning the title under SAF to finishing 7th under Moyes in 1 season

Liverpool have gone from Origi and Danny Ings up top to Salah, Mane and Firmino in about 2 seasons.

My point is absolutely anything can happen in one season, Arsenal may well suffer the drastic change from Wengers dynasty to getting under grips with Emery's management.

Chelsea have all the possible hallmarks of a side who may struggle

Liverpool will have massive pressure on their shoulders- its no longer plucky top 4 challengers against big spending rivals they are 2nd favourites to the title and they will be lucky if Salah has another season like last (and Mane/Firmino who both netted 20+ goals each)

Im just becoming increasingly concerned that the longer we go without any business the less likely our chances are of actually doing anything this season.

Leicester went from relegation battle to winning the league in 1 season

Utd went from winning the title under SAF to finishing 7th under Moyes in 1 season

Liverpool have gone from Origi and Danny Ings up top to Salah, Mane and Firmino in about 2 seasons.

My point is absolutely anything can happen in one season, Arsenal may well suffer the drastic change from Wengers dynasty to getting under grips with Emery's management.

Chelsea have all the possible hallmarks of a side who may struggle

Liverpool will have massive pressure on their shoulders- its no longer plucky top 4 challengers against big spending rivals they are 2nd favourites to the title and they will be lucky if Salah has another season like last (and Mane/Firmino who both netted 20+ goals each)

Im just becoming increasingly concerned that the longer we go without any business the less likely our chances are of actually doing anything this season.

This season is already written off, too much turmoil on and off the pitch last year, huge rebuild required. We might have a chance with a cup but that’s it for this season possibly next too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back