Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve rid ourselves of:

Mori
Rooney
Garbutt
Robles

The cull is well underway.

It’s likely we’ll see further outward movement in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully we have deals in principle lined up for a number of targets.

There is still an awful lot of chaff to sort from the wheat before we can move forward properly.

Much less support from who ?
The Board ?
The Players ?
The Fans ?
They've been with the squad 4 days doing what they said they would do...assessing.
Deadwood is being shipped out.
What would you want ? Just keep buying players and hope it works or a methodical plan not just for now but for years to come.
Stop the bedwetting fella no one said this was going to be a quick fix.

Like it or not the cold hard facts are we currently have one of the worst squads I've seen us have since the 90's and not a single signing or even bid for a player registered with only a month of the window to go.

People carry on like we are some unique case when we are not, plenty of clubs have had bloated squads of crap down the years but they remedy that by bringing in better players whilst getting the squad cut down.

If we are only capable of negotiating deals for outgoings and havent the man power or negotiating skills to do both jobs then you have to ask what the hell is going on.

We are certainly the most stressful PL club to support during the transfer window. Just over a month to go and not a whiff of any credible news or offiical talks/bids for players.

Not so concerned over outgoings as foreign clubs can still come in for our players until end of august but we really need to start making moves.

I just hope the club havent sacrificed this season as a season of chopping the squad with only 1-2 late incomings as we have the potential to challenge the top 6 this season:

1. No europe

2. New manager bounce

3.only 2-3 of our players away at the WC so more of our players fresh.

4. New manager at Arsenal.

5. Potential turmoil at chelsea

6. Unknown situation at Liverpool with Buvac gone and Salah possibly experiencing 2nd season syndrome

I would be annoyed if we dont go gung ho at this season and bring in 3-4 top quality additions to improve the starting 11.

Not nit picking but we benefit from a new manager, but Arsenal don't?

I like how Fenerbahce have to ferret around the back of the sofa to afford a deal with us but then can blow 30 million if it's with Barcelona.

Even in the rumours we're getting shafted!
Looking at the players involved its hardly surprising. Bolaise in his late 20s whose had a major injury in recent years or Mina a young 23 year old CB from Barca who made a name for himself at the WC

Like it or not the cold hard facts are we currently have one of the worst squads I've seen us have since the 90's and not a single signing or even bid for a player registered with only a month of the window to go.

People carry on like we are some unique case when we are not, plenty of clubs have had bloated squads of crap down the years but they remedy that by bringing in better players whilst getting the squad cut down.

If we are only capable of negotiating deals for outgoings and havent the man power or negotiating skills to do both jobs then you have to ask what the hell is going on.

That's bollocks tbh, it's a good squad, they just all massively underperformed last season and were mismanaged. It was more down to the players than the management last season though, I don't know why all of them decided to play like relegation fodder but I wouldn't call it a bad squad.

I think those who are more patient appreciate it’s going to take time and want a well considered approach. The suggestion nothing is happening is just that, plenty of time to get signings over the line. If they don’t happen, they don’t happen.

Appreciate your annoyed but new signings don’t mean much - The right signings do.

Looking at the players involved its hardly surprising. Bolaise in his late 20s whose had a major injury in recent years or Mina a young 23 year old CB from Barca who made a name for himself at the WC
I know. It was mostly meant in jest. Though I'd like to see Mina in an Everton shirt next year and Bolaise in a Fenerbahce one.

“Cold hard facts” and starts with an opinion - brilliant!

I think those who are more patient appreciate it’s going to take time and want a well considered approach. The suggestion nothing is happening is just that, plenty of time to get signings over the line. If they don’t happen, they don’t happen.

Appreciate your annoyed but new signings don’t mean much - The right signings do.

The point is mate if Silva has a bad start of the season lets not pretend the fans wont be on his back. Football is a results business and I guarantee with the easy fixture list a few bad results/performances and it'll be the fractured fanbase once again.

Silva has to have his squad ready to go - too many times under Moyes and under Martinez we went into the season not ready due to late signings who haven't been bedded in to the starting 11.

I appreciate the task this season, but the club face yet again another missed opportunity if we dont crack on and get those vital signings through the door and bedded in.

20 players signed.
7 still in squad - McCarthy, Galloway, Besic, Niasse, Tarashaj, Foulds, Holgate. Only Niasse, Holgate and McCarthy play. Only Holgate would sell for a profit.
3 sold for profit - Lukaku (£50m profit), Deulofeu (£8m profit), Cleverly (£8m profit)
10 sold for loss or released.

So 16 losses and 4 profits.

Been a cluster-love since Moyes left.
You're being generous saying McCarthy plays!

“Cold hard facts” and starts with an opinion - brilliant!

We've gone from:

Defence Lescott > Stones > Williams

Defensive midfield Felliani > Barry > Schnerderlin

Attacking Midfield Arteta > Barkley > Siggurdsson

Centre forward Yakubu > Lukaku> Tosun/Niasse

Lets not pretend that we haven't regressed outside of the GK and I see no urgency to sort this out.

1 month left lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back