Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total myth. Went to Chelsea to ask for Demba Ba, got told to sod off, said we could have Lukaku on loan if we want and he begrudgingly took him.

The man is lucky if nothing else.

Total myth. Went to Barcelona and asked for Neymar, got told to sod off, said we could have Delefeou on loan if we want and he begrudgingly took him.

The man is very unlucky if nothing else.

(Delefeou who we also made a huge profit on by the way).

Sky Sports reporting Wilshere is close to joining West Ham. West Ham are literally bidding on every player in the world, such a strange club. I personally believe Wilshere would had been a great signing for us, If he can stay fit, and that is a big If.

...other than goalkeeper, that sounds like ‘all’ crucial areas as opposed to ‘some’ crucial areas. Unfortunately it’s a very poorly balanced squad, players purchased with no playing strategy or blend in mind. It’s too big, it’s unwieldy and needs a severe overhaul to enable us to progress.

I agree Eggs, but it's still the 7th-best squad, on paper, probably - especially given Leicester are selling Mahrez.

We've got exciting youngsters and players in Walcott, Gylfi who we know can deliver up top. Tosun is a goalscorer but obviously he needs service.

The main issue was the management last season. That was clear. Hopefully we've sorted that out.

The squad needs trimming but also if we have players (like Sandro, for example) who the manager wants to actually assess in his style before shipping out and spunking another £15m on a player for that position, then that's fine by me.

I agree Eggs, but it's still the 7th-best squad, on paper, probably - especially given Leicester are selling Mahrez.

We've got exciting youngsters and players in Walcott, Gylfi who we know can deliver up top. Tosun is a goalscorer but obviously he needs service.

The main issue was the management last season. That was clear. Hopefully we've sorted that out.

The squad needs trimming but also if we have players (like Sandro, for example) who the manager wants to actually assess in his style before shipping out and spunking another £15m on a player for that position, then that's fine by me.

..i’ve heard some folk in the game suggesting nobody would’ve got more out of last season’s squad than Allardyce. I don’t necessarily agree with that but it’s hard to see things getting better without change on the playing side.

This isn't the worst squad in years, though.

Koeman and Sam both got sacked because they didn't manage to get the bare minimum (7th) out of this squad.

We've got talent. We need some quality in some crucial areas - mainly left-back, centre-back, midfield and probably a forward.

We've got another 6 players we need to ship out, probably.

The squad needs to be leaner heading into the season, with two quality players for roles rather than 3-4 average ones. We'll know who and what we want and we will be making attempts to get them.

In terms of ability the squad is generally OK. In terms of balance though its a shocking squad currently.

Tarashaj on trial with former club Grasshopper Zurich. Another low cost (sort of) bad business by El Fraudo.

The signing made perfect sense at the time. A promising young attacker who had been doing well and managed to play his way into a decent Swiss National team.

He signs, Martinez gets sacked, he disappears on loan and nobody has been able to do anything with him since as he is seemingly now a footballing nomad.

It just hasn't worked out, the bloke will still have the potential to do something.

The signing made perfect sense at the time. A promising young attacker who had been doing well and managed to play his way into a decent Swiss National team.

He signs, Martinez gets sacked, he disappears on loan and nobody has been able to do anything with him since as he is seemingly now a footballing nomad.

It just hasn't worked out, the bloke will still have the potential to do something.

Hope we can get a fee for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back