Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Yerry Mina’s agent quoted as saying his client is deparate to make a success of his move to Spain and ‘wants to stay’ at Barcelona.

Jair Mina (the players uncle);

“I’m not aware of any bids. The player has a contract at Barcelona and wants to stay at Barcelona. We’re going to see what the situation is with the club but we don’t have any information. He moved in January to succeed at a big club and Barca is a big club. He is convinced he could do big things and our idea is he stays where he is.”

We've gone from:

Defence Lescott > Stones > Williams

Defensive midfield Felliani > Barry > Schnerderlin

Attacking Midfield Arteta > Barkley > Siggurdsson

Centre forward Yakubu > Lukaku> Tosun/Niasse

Lets not pretend that we haven't regressed outside of the GK and I see no urgency to sort this out.

1 month left lets see what happens.

And people say that we haven't declined.

This is the worst squad in years. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't have this need to cull half of the squad.

I agree with your previous posts, which state that people should not be acting as if competing with the top six is some far-fetched possibility. However it seems that most people will be happy with another 8th placed finish. I expect there to be an initial well over-the-top love-in, where we play a bit of attacking football and get a few results, followed by the same type of form that saw us finish 8th last season.

...Yerry Mina’s agent quoted as saying his client is deparate to make a success of his move to Spain and ‘wants to stay’ at Barcelona.

Jair Mina (the players uncle); “I’m not aware of any bids. The player has a contract at Barcelona and wants to stay at Barcelona. We’re going to see what the situation is with the club but we don’t have any information. He moved in January to succeed at a big club and Barca is a big club. He is convinced he could do big things and our idea is he stays where he is.”

That’s it then. Damn shame.

he is far to undisciplined. He just wanders off doing his own thing. Looks nice on paper but I reckon he would get annoying fast for us and would be a boo boy in no time.

I think that was a lot to do with Wengers tactics. For England, he was disciplined and would fulfil the same kind of role in super Marco tactics. We are dying for a player who can control a game, keep the ball and not always play backwards and he fits the mould perfectly.

Only Baines, Theo, Coleman, Davies and Sigurðsson look truly comfy with the ball at their feet, and that has to change.

5 weeks to go, starting to get a little concerned now.

Expected around 5/6 gone and one in by now leaving 3 in and maybe another 2 /3 our.

Instead we’ve got Bolasie, Williams and co. Still earning ridiculous wages training.

Probably answered my own question there due to the wages but I do think we have to accept our bed and lie in it.

Take a huge loss on fees and pay 25% of the wages etc...

Unfortunately when you hire a man who’s only claim to fame is spotting Kante this is what happens.

Selling players is not easy.
Especially those on huge wages. I'm Sure we are trying to offload them but it's not straight forward. Especially the likes of Williams and Mirallas who are not goin to progress their careers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back