Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling players is not easy.
Especially those on huge wages. I'm Sure we are trying to offload them but it's not straight forward. Especially the likes of Williams and Mirallas who are not goin to progress their careers at all.

You mean especially those which are trash.

I have no idea how reliable this is, but...

Barça is accelerating the exit operation before closing the key additions of the season. The club already sold to Gerard Deulofeu and has offers for Yerry Mina and Paulinho, although the main objective is to place the players who do not enter into Valverde's plans . And one of them is Paco Alcácer, who is in the air after the failure of the signing of Griezmann. The Everton has contacted in the last hours with the blaugrana club asking for Yerry Mina, but also for the striker. They wanted him in January and now they could bid for him.

The idea of Barça is to sell Alcácer if they receive a good offer in the coming weeks. And everything happens to recover the 30 million euros that the club invested in his arrival two summers ago . Alcácer has a good sign in the Premier and its price is not exaggerated for English clubs. The Everton already has all the information and will decide if it makes offer as long as the soccer player accepts to leave the club blaugrana.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/everton-pregunta-por-paco-alcacer-barca-6928490

If you were to take each of our players at the peak of their reputation and form it's a decent squad - but some are too old now (Baines, Jags, Williams), some have massively under-performed (Schneiderlin, Keane) and some haven't settled in the Prem (Lookman, Klaasen, Sandro).

I'm not having that we have a squad comparable to the 90s when we have Pickford, Coleman, Sigurdsson and Walcott in the first team - we went through periods where you would be hard-pressed to choose one decent player that wasn't injured (Super-kev and Dunc).

And people say that we haven't declined.

This is the worst squad in years. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't have this need to cull half of the squad.

I agree with your previous posts, which state that people should not be acting as if competing with the top six is some far-fetched possibility. However it seems that most people will be happy with another 8th placed finish. I expect there to be an initial well over-the-top love-in, where we play a bit of attacking football and get a few results, followed by the same type of form that saw us finish 8th last season.

The thing is I think the fans and club are too complacent at the moment because we finished 8th last season so its almost a "well we finished 8th playing gash so we'll easily finish 7th this season". Alladyce was garbage for us and his performances a shambles but statistically he did have us top 6 form. If Silva cant at the minimum replicate that then we may well decline especially with West Ham and Southampton under new management and making signings and throw in Leicester sorting out their defence and Wolves who may be a suprise package.

I like Silva and hope he gets a fair crack however he's been set up to fail so far being expected to at the minimum finish 7th/8th with this current crop of players whilst other clubs strengthen.

I dont think anyone is saying we dont need a squad cull but surely this must be complimented by 3-4 good additions to the starting 11.

9th August we have to buy players

31st August we have to flog players abroad

Rooney and Mori are the only two to go so hardly a cull at present anyway but we have more time to sell than we have to buy so we need to start focusing as much on the former as the latter imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back