Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I think the fans and club are too complacent at the moment because we finished 8th last season so its almost a "well we finished 8th playing gash so we'll easily finish 7th this season". Alladyce was garbage for us and his performances a shambles but statistically he did have us top 6 form. If Silva cant at the minimum replicate that then we may well decline especially with West Ham and Southampton under new management and making signings and throw in Leicester sorting out their defence and Wolves who may be a suprise package.

I like Silva and hope he gets a fair crack however he's been set up to fail so far being expected to at the minimum finish 7th/8th with this current crop of players whilst other clubs strengthen.

I dont think anyone is saying we dont need a squad cull but surely this must be complimented by 3-4 good additions to the starting 11.

9th August we have to buy players

31st August we have to flog players abroad

Rooney and Mori are the only two to go so hardly a cull at present anyway but we have more time to sell than we have to buy so we need to start focusing as much on the former as the latter imo.

Yeah, at the moment all we are giving Silva is a harder job than Allardyce. Rooney was our top scorer and left. Baines, Jag and Williams a bit older. One less back-up keeper.

It depends on incomings the extent to which Silva can match that 8th finish. If there aren't any then he'll do a good job to get us there again. If he struggles then we'll an Allardyce-like back in by next year.

I like how Fenerbahce have to ferret around the back of the sofa to afford a deal with us but then can blow 30 million if it's with Barcelona.

Even in the rumours we're getting shafted!

Apparently they want to take Mina on loan for a season and THEN pay 30 mil euro at the end of the loan.

Like Barcelona are gonna go for that, especially with the rep that Turkish clubs have for pulling fast ones.

Turkish clubs are like the fella with no job, who walks into a BMW garage wearing an Armani Suit, with a chunky Rolex hanging off his wrist and asks to take an M3 out on a weekend test drive. The salesman sees pound signs, starts creaming himself and lets him take it home . The fella takes it for the weekend, rags the arse out of it and then hands it back, saying it`s not what he wanted.

Bill Kenwright got up at the awards do and said Lukaku was forced on us and we wanted Demba Ba?

No he said we wanted Demba Ba which Chelsea declined and we were offered Rom instead. Bill said we took a chance and it worked out quite well

Bill Kenwright got up at the awards do and said Lukaku was forced on us and we wanted Demba Ba?

No he said we wanted Demba Ba which Chelsea declined and we were offered Rom instead. Bill said we took a chance and it worked out quite well.
Also I think we were desperate as we needed a striker and it was coming into the last few hours of the window. Basically we lucked out.

The thing is I think the fans and club are too complacent at the moment because we finished 8th last season so its almost a "well we finished 8th playing gash so we'll easily finish 7th this season". Alladyce was garbage for us and his performances a shambles but statistically he did have us top 6 form. If Silva cant at the minimum replicate that then we may well decline especially with West Ham and Southampton under new management and making signings and throw in Leicester sorting out their defence and Wolves who may be a suprise package.

I like Silva and hope he gets a fair crack however he's been set up to fail so far being expected to at the minimum finish 7th/8th with this current crop of players whilst other clubs strengthen.

I dont think anyone is saying we dont need a squad cull but surely this must be complimented by 3-4 good additions to the starting 11.

9th August we have to buy players

31st August we have to flog players abroad

Rooney and Mori are the only two to go so hardly a cull at present anyway but we have more time to sell than we have to buy so we need to start focusing as much on the former as the latter imo.

Is this just @Boss_Rarkley moved on to a new profile??

I'm a bit surprised we haven't signed anyone but not frantic about it. The links are all over the place tho.

Just want to see the backs of another 3 ACTUAL players and not people who never featured for us like Garbutt and that Swiss lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back