Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting increasingly difficult to move on players with time to get in new ones. Because our unwanted players aren't everybody's first choice, you can imagine them not being considered until later on in the window.

Think we will probably have to get a couple in soon, regardless.

I know it's just a rumour at the moment but if we actually put in an offer for either I'd be gutted.
Rather just play Jags and Holgate all season then spend £20m+ for one of Keane's mongo friends.
84FE0DDD-F2A8-4CEF-94B6-C7FDFDFED6B7.webp

i remember this time last season some of us genuinely thought we were signing VVD
I dont belive you, nobody thought that!?

No. Nobody thought that. It was obvious he was going to Southampton the first time. And if anyone thought we'd get him from there they do not know modern Everton.

Actually, I now recall a few of the irritating ITK's said we were in for him. God I hate them.

Based on the player links it seems we are looking at incoming cb, lb and winger - which makes sense. The most commonly/latest links seem to be:
CB: Mina, Bensebaïni, Mawson and Gibson
LB: Tierney (could possibly put Bensebaïni here as well as that is where he played last season, though most seem to project as a CB)
Winger: Lozano, Carrillo, Richarlison, Niang

Most like we won’t sign any of those, but definately a couple of intriguing options (to be fair a couple are decidedly less than intriguing also - looking at you Niang and Gibson. Also, while Mawson may well come good the thought of a Mawson/Keane pairing is......just not something I want to contemplate)

Many would like a CM as well, but not much news on that front.

Oh, doesn't an overall net gain count as an overall net gain? Sorry, my mistake, I thought it did. Obvioulsy not though as you seem to have to make a profit on every player that's signed.
HAHAHAHAHA, No you didnt think that, for years you've been saying our net spend isnt really a "net spend" so you can complain. So no, you dont get to now say a net gain on one player makes up for 18 failures.

Obviously, Martinez also didnt think you need "to make a profit on every player that's signed." either, because he had a 90% failure rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back