Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton made £60,000,000 on Lukaku, Martinez was long gone.

by that logic Everton lost £3.5m on Tarashaj as Martinez was long gone but my reply was on the basis of him being blamed for the loss on Tarashaj. Cant have it both ways...you blame him for the losses after he's gone the he's also got to get the credit for the gains like Lukaku?

No. Nobody thought that. It was obvious he was going to Southampton the first time. And if anyone thought we'd get him from there they do not know modern Everton.

Actually, I now recall a few of the irritating ITK's said we were in for him. God I hate them.
This time last summer he was already playing for Soton, and pretty obviously going to the RS. When he was playing in Scotland we could have gotten him.

I'm confused. Why are people defending an ex-manager? When they leave - for whatever reason - they are gone and subject to proper and deserving abuse for winning nowt.

Only exceptions are managers that won stuff, and of course whilst they are in situ.

I'm confused. Why are people defending an ex-manager? When they leave - for whatever reason - they are gone and subject to proper and deserving abuse for winning nowt.

Only exceptions are managers that won stuff, and of course whilst they are in situ.
People arent, Davek is, but thats just the usual.

This time last summer he was already playing for Soton, and pretty obviously going to the RS. When he was playing in Scotland we could have gotten him.

Could have, and perhaps should have got him when he was in Scotland, but from quite early on it was obvious he was going to Saints.

by that logic Everton lost £3.5m on Tarashaj as Martinez was long gone but my reply was on the basis of him being blamed for the loss on Tarashaj. Cant have it both ways...you blame him for the losses after he's gone the he's also got to get the credit for the gains like Lukaku?
I don't blame him for anything but there was a general gist of Martinez, (who I liked and still do, and hoped might turn around until the last 6 months) , is some kind of transfer wheeler dealer because Everton scooped 90m on Lookukoo when the transfer window went bananas.

Last edited:

..the likes of Tarashaj are low risk potentially high reward signings. It only takes one to come through, yet we have had the likes of Stones, Lookman and Holgate coming in for low fees and Fraser Hornby and Lewis Gibson doing well at U23 level.

It’s one part of our transfer strategy that’s worked very well so I would simply accept Tarashaj situations to happen.

..the likes of Tarashaj are low risk potentially high reward signings. It only takes one to come through, yet we have had the likes of Stones, Lookman and Holgate coming in for low fees and Fraser Hornby and Lewis Gibson doing well at U23 level.

It’s one part of our transfer strategy that’s worked very well so I would simply accept Tarashaj situations to happen.

Indeed, its just a punt, the lad showed talent, he was a good age, we took a gamble that he would come good, he didnt, a few injuries at the wrong time and then the lads done.

For every John Stones clubs have to sign about 50 Tarahahahhsjais, its worth it in the long run, you only need a John Stones or a Lukaku or a CR7 or a Bale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back