Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..i’ve heard some folk in the game suggesting nobody would’ve got more out of last season’s squad than Allardyce. I don’t necessarily agree with that but it’s hard to see things getting better without change on the playing side.

Ultimately those folk saying that are the old boys club that defend Allardyce mate.

If the squad was as bad as some make out, Koeman wouldn't have been punted for us being crap.

It's not great, but it's not bad. There's some talent there that needs to be used correctly. We need improvements in key areas, but that shouldn't be rushed. I'd rather get the right players in.

I think that was a lot to do with Wengers tactics. For England, he was disciplined and would fulfil the same kind of role in super Marco tactics. We are dying for a player who can control a game, keep the ball and not always play backwards and he fits the mould perfectly.

Only Baines, Theo, Coleman, Davies and Sigurðsson look truly comfy with the ball at their feet, and that has to change.

I agree with the principle just not the solution.

Yes heard that too.

If we can sign Mina he will be a real coup.

Brands look the real deal unlike the fraud Walsh.

from what i have seen of Mina i really rate him.

But and its a big but, from what i have seen, does he not have the same qualitys Michael Keane had when he was at Burnley?
Big, tall, good in hte air, a good defender, but maybe playing in a high line lacks that pace to get back, and possibly could get turned easy if he gets to tight?

Everton boss Roberto Martinez tried to sign Demba Ba from Chelsea BEFORE he was offered his Stamford Bridge teammate Romelu Lukaku instead.

If you search it on internet there are plenty of links and stories.

Done a quick search and I'm getting one Mirror article with an anonymous quote from a "source close to Martinez". I'm also getting nothing about it being forced on us. More like it just wasn't considered a possibility until 3pm on deadline day. That part of the story was probably just fiction tacked on by Evertonians later on for convenience in criticising Martinez.

5 weeks to go, starting to get a little concerned now.

Expected around 5/6 gone and one in by now leaving 3 in and maybe another 2 /3 our.

Instead we’ve got Bolasie, Williams and co. Still earning ridiculous wages training.

Probably answered my own question there due to the wages but I do think we have to accept our bed and lie in it.

Take a huge loss on fees and pay 25% of the wages etc...

Unfortunately when you hire a man who’s only claim to fame is spotting Kante this is what happens.

Rooney, Mori, Robles, Garbutt Tarasaj almost out is 5. Not far off your 5/6 out is it really?

Yes heard that too.

If we can sign Mina he will be a real coup.

Brands look the real deal unlike the fraud Walsh.

I'm not being funny here, but may i ask why it would be a real coup? have you seen him play a lot?

From my view, I had never seen him play in Brazil, he hasn't been a success at Barca and now it seems after a few good games in the world cup he is the best centre back around and potentially world class.

Prior to the world cup i don't think I had ever seen his name mentioned as potential signing.

I think the fact he plays next to Sanchez of Spurs must be taken into account.

The signing made perfect sense at the time. A promising young attacker who had been doing well and managed to play his way into a decent Swiss National team.

He signs, Martinez gets sacked, he disappears on loan and nobody has been able to do anything with him since as he is seemingly now a footballing nomad.

It just hasn't worked out, the bloke will still have the potential to do something.

got a really bad injury as well. Even if he'd have been good enough, doubt he could have played last year.

Shame as I actually thought he looked decent during those few games of pre-season in 2016.

Done a quick search and I'm getting one Mirror article with an anonymous quote from a "source close to Martinez". I'm also getting nothing about it being forced on us. More like it just wasn't considered a possibility until 3pm on deadline day. That part of the story was probably just fiction tacked on by Evertonians later on for convenience in criticising Martinez.

There's less evidence of this though?

5 weeks to go, starting to get a little concerned now.

Expected around 5/6 gone and one in by now leaving 3 in and maybe another 2 /3 our.

Instead we’ve got Bolasie, Williams and co. Still earning ridiculous wages training.

Probably answered my own question there due to the wages but I do think we have to accept our bed and lie in it.

Take a huge loss on fees and pay 25% of the wages etc...

Unfortunately when you hire a man who’s only claim to fame is spotting Kante this is what happens.

..I expect there will be brinksmanship with some players moving out late in the window when buying clubs have to make decisions. At the moment they can sit on their hands and consider options.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez tried to sign Demba Ba from Chelsea BEFORE he was offered his Stamford Bridge teammate Romelu Lukaku instead.

If you search it on internet there are plenty of links and stories.

I have nightmares about this. Imagine we got Ba, who is nowhere near Lukaku's level even at that first season.... but Lukaku would have missed that chance after Gerrard's slip had he been at Chelsea!!!!

Too think if we signed Ba we wouldn't have had this:

article-2614267-1D66460900000578-672_634x306.webp

So thank you Martinez and Chelsea x

..I expect there will be brinksmanship with some players moving out late in the window when buying clubs have to make decisions.
That’s how I see it. A number of clubs would have missed out on their main targets. And will need to get players in.

Hopefully that won’t effect our ability to bring the players in, that we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back