Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The non-eu slot was never an issue for barca, this was just manufactured nonsense from the echo. Apparently Coutinho is set to change his citizenship to Spain...which is what they did with Suarez as well. Suarez has Italian citizenship now.

Wasn't it rumoured that Barca have two non-EU signings lined up to take the spots freed up by Pauliniho and potentially Mina leaving, I think the Coutinho change of citizenship cant happen until later in the year.

Basically nothing is coming out the club until they want it too, which is exactly the way it should be.

Tierney I'd not be surprised to see concluded soon, thinkvtgecstuff the other day was both clubs leaking buts to position themselves better in final negotiations, the silence from player and agent, suggests as much as the deals in its way.

Similarly Mina, think that's gonna be a done deal relatively soon - agents comments about fighting for his place mean nothing really, soon as Barca sign that's fourth none EU player then hevwill get moved on fast.

Lozano is the one I'm unsure off, could have no chance of it could effectively be already pretty much signed and sealed, it all depends in his fat slug of an agent's plans fir the lad really.

Also reckon we have a fair amount of outs being progressed atm, like with Mori though we won't hear it till they are pretty much done deals.
Maybe Silva and Brands feel that Lozano is not a urgent need and Lookman can slot in on the left wing leaving funds for more pressing needs like Defence and CM
Just a thought

I think Tosun is fine and will be good for the next couple of years mate. I agree with your analysis but I would also say, he is a great finisher, good in the air and his other attributes he has "just enough" to keep him in the game. I imagine under Brands we will look to sign a top young striker (akin to Lukaku) maybe next season and he will gradually move Tosun out.

That is the challenge for DCL too.

This all day long. The process will take time to implement, can’t understand how people are demanding a few first teamers right away.

We need to overhaul the squad in almost every area. Can appreciate people want signings, but patience is needed now. If they can do a job, like Tosun - we need to focus on more concerning areas in the immediate.

Clocks ticking and they’ve not done enough as far as I’m concerned.

Hardly anyone moved on. Silva must’ve known he’d be given the job for months.

Window closes soon...

WH being offered Payet back. Why the hell would he want to go back there and why would they want him back. Don't get me wrong he is a cracking player but the downing tools lark would be a big put off for teams that may not do so well.
Saying that would love him here tho. I also see Leicester after Bertrand Traore as a replacement for Marez if he goes. Traore is another cracking player I'd love here, pacey, got great vision for a pass and knows where the net is.

..he does, Matey, but the question was ‘what’s wrong with him’.

It will depend on what system we play, but I think we need a striker with the attributes Tosun lacks. Pace and power up front to give us creativity, especially away from home. I don’t mind Tosun, he’s useful to have available and he might even improve next season.

Exactly this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back