Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really see a major problem with having a decent finisher in the squad - see Solskjaer, Defoe etc.

Tosun isn't going to take players on like a Suarez, sure - there's very few of those around - perhaps Rashford, Sterling, Aguero.

I guess even Lukaku did that on occasion, run at defences - always impressive to see.

Thinking on it - this is what I'm hoping for from Lookman.

..he’s not mobile, he’s not pacy, he doesn’t play particularly well with his back to goal, he doesn’t particularly link play, he’s not a handful to mark, he rarely goes past a defender, he doesn’t lead the line, he rarely runs defenders in the channels.

Jelavic is that you?

We're all fed up waiting mate. Its been way too long. But last summers transfer window ended up being poor if you look at how the season went. I allowed myself to think things were on the up (on the playing front). It didn't turn out that way.
I'm giving the hiearchy the benefit of the doubt on The Stadium project at the moment. Time will tell on that though.
So, for now I just want us to get dead wood out and some of the older players gone. Then make some decent signings.
You're too nice for this club!

Probably said this week's ago.

People forget in sandro klassen vlasic lookman we have 4 players who potentially have something good to offer the team. I know everyone has made their minds up based on the 5 games they played between them but that was under 2 sacked managers that they were given a chance

Between holgate, Davies, tosun, Walcott, schneiderlin, siggurdson we have players who were playing under either koeman disaster or allardyce horrible tactics. With confidence and attacking mindset we could see these players shine next season if they are playing with a smile on their face.

Point is, I know as a fan base everyone is crap unless we sign 100 million pound players but there is a lot of potential for a good team and more importantly young players to really improve and fit into our team under Silva.

We know the likes of Williams, bolasie , Martina aren't good enough and the likes of Baines and jags are well past their peak but there are so many players who have barely had a chance or struggled in a team with crap tactics or losing every week.

There are so many players in the league who benefited from playing regularly in a positive team environment to actually improve, it's ridiculous that some fans are quick to write off so many of ours so quickly.

Do you support Everton to glory hunt mate?

I mean did you even pick Everton? Yes its a cliche to say we were chosen, but none of us choose to support Everton, well maybe some of us did, but most of us support Everton due to things beyond our control, a parent, a grandparent, a game they watched, liking the colour blue, we didnt choose to support.

We all watched last season, we all saw how badly some of our players played, we all saw the attitude of some of them, we all had to experience Sam patting us on the head. We all know what our problems are, should we have signed some players by now? Ideally yes, but we havent, we still have a month to go, will we "fix" the squad in the next 4 weeks? Hell no, but we have enough time to make improvements.

I suppose I come across as a bit of a dreamer, I forever keep the faith, I honestly know no other way, you gotta keep faith and you gotta at least hope for better days, cos otherwise, honestly, whats the point? Without believing that things will get better, then of course Everton isnt worth your time and money.

Dont think any of us Blues could be glory hunters lol grew up as a Blue mate all the family are bar a few kopites. My arl fella took me to GP from an early age and I honestly cant rememeber not supporting us.

Im just fed up of all the false dawns, playing 2nd fiddle to that lot (hated seeing my lad tauntedat school when they won the CL in 05 knowing he had nothing to shout about in his lifetime of supporting us) and most of all im sick of the low standards at this club. How I wish we had management who understood what NSNO was, Big Nev being kept away from the club whilst Bill is heralded as best Evertonian in the world only shows what the club has been about in the past 2 decades.

Only the fans of this great club care enough to hold these people making the decisions to account and we need to continue to do it, my fear is last season kicked the fight out of alot of them and you see what happens to clubs whose fanbase's throw in the towel when they are needed most (Sunderland, Villa).

All this talk, specualation on here and in the papers is for me way off the mark. It seems Brands and Silva have only just had a chat with BK In all likelihood nothing has been set up or any enquiries made. The players have only just returned so both men have to weigh them up - who to keep and who to list.

Mate.
He is a one trick pony.
He inherited a great side , well motivated by Moyes.
Did well short term , then massively screwed up - period.
With Belgium - inherited a massively talented squad ..... you know the rest.
He has no sustainability , just a short term whopper
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back