Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically nothing is coming out the club until they want it too, which is exactly the way it should be.

Tierney I'd not be surprised to see concluded soon, thinkvtgecstuff the other day was both clubs leaking buts to position themselves better in final negotiations, the silence from player and agent, suggests as much as the deals in its way.

Similarly Mina, think that's gonna be a done deal relatively soon - agents comments about fighting for his place mean nothing really, soon as Barca sign that's fourth none EU player then hevwill get moved on fast.

Lozano is the one I'm unsure off, could have no chance of it could effectively be already pretty much signed and sealed, it all depends in his fat slug of an agent's plans fir the lad really.

Also reckon we have a fair amount of outs being progressed atm, like with Mori though we won't hear it till they are pretty much done deals.
Tierney, Mina and Lozano would all be a bit too good to be true. I can’t see it happening for that reason alone.

..he’s not mobile, he’s not pacy, he doesn’t play particularly well with his back to goal, he doesn’t particularly link play, he’s not a handful to mark, he rarely goes past a defender, he doesn’t lead the line, he rarely runs defenders in the channels.
Yeah but apart from that..............
He can finish that boy

..he’s not mobile, he’s not pacy, he doesn’t play particularly well with his back to goal, he doesn’t particularly link play, he’s not a handful to mark, he rarely goes past a defender, he doesn’t lead the line, he rarely runs defenders in the channels.

But he puts the ball in the net when he gets a sniff which is all he needs to do, surely?

But he puts the ball in the net when he gets a sniff which is all he needs to do, surely?

..he does, Matey, but the question was ‘what’s wrong with him’.

It will depend on what system we play, but I think we need a striker with the attributes Tosun lacks. Pace and power up front to give us creativity, especially away from home. I don’t mind Tosun, he’s useful to have available and he might even improve next season.

You could say most of that about Harry Kane too. I think he should be judged when we are creating chances and playing competently as a team.

..he does, Matey, but the question was ‘what’s wrong with him’.

It will depend on what system we play, but I think we need a striker with the attributes Tosun lacks. Pace and power up front to give us creativity, especially away from home. I don’t mind Tosun, he’s useful to have available and he might even improve next season.

Think Tosun is purely one who needs to have the right players behind him.

Give him the ball in the box and he'll get a good shot off and score more often than not. Knowing Everton he will end up running the channels and dropping 50 yards for the ball which isnt his strength.

He scores goals

And Sandro hits a seriously heavy ball, we seem to have so many players that have one specific skill they are particularly good at (see Gueye). I wonder what sort of system we would need to make the most of Tosun & Sandro on the pitch together.

Think Tosun is purely one who needs to have the right players behind him.

Give him the ball in the box and he'll get a good shot off and score more often than not. Knowing Everton he will end up running the channels and dropping 50 yards for the ball which isnt his strength.

..I think that’s right, he is a finisher so would be fine with players around him who create. Our problem in recent seasons is a lack of creativity, especially away from home where we rarely threaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back