Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, you're so fudging boring.

Tell me whats so positive about the club right now mate?

The mass exodus of dross?

The positive signings?

The images of BMD or financing plans?

The top quality CEO coming to replace Elstone?

Im all for positivity mate but only when the club gives me genuine reason for optimism.

The way some are carrying on with the insults you would think we have gutted the squad, spent £60 million and announced BMD is going ahead the way im being responded too when if anyone is living in the reality of the situation its me!

To clarify I hate fans who moan for the sake of it, but any supporter who sat through last season who is not content with the clubs current business has every right to voice concern.

Mate.
He is a one trick pony.
He inherited a great side , well motivated by Moyes.
Did well short term , then massively screwed up - period.
With Belgium - inherited a massively talented squad ..... you know the rest.
He has no sustainability , just a short term whopper

Seems to me Martinez is suited to the international game. He doesn't have to deal with egos etc on a day to day basis and seems to be able to motivate for short periods of time. However over a whole league season he comes unstuck with personnel and defensive frailties.

Tell me whats so positive about the club right now mate?

The mass exodus of dross?

The positive signings?

The images of BMD or financing plans?

The top quality CEO coming to replace Elstone?

Im all for positivity mate but only when the club gives me genuine reason for optimism.

The way some are carrying on with the insults you would think we have gutted the squad, spent £60 million and announced BMD is going ahead the way im being responded too when if anyone is living in the reality of the situation its me!

To clarify I hate fans who moan for the sake of it, but any supporter who sat through last season who is not content with the clubs current business has every right to voice concern.

But I thought you were a close half full kinda guy mate?

But I thought you were a close half full kinda guy mate?

Mate When Everton Football Club actually do something to make me think "you know what they actually have a plan/have ambition to have us competing with the top 6" I'll be banging the positivity drum louder than any of you.

But please dont expect me to pretend everythingis rosey at this club as thats not my style. Same way I never joined in with the blokes at the ground clapping Bill or booing Rom at OT.

Marco Silva at present is expected to turn water into wine with an aged defence, crab midfield and a side with zero pace or skill and I see no urgency to rectify the state of the current squad.

We all want the best for EFC, but pretending everything is sound and shouting down any fans who are expressing genuine concerns (and not just trolling or baiting others) is hardly justified imo.

Mate you all crack on clutching onto hope.

When Everton Football Club actually do something to make me think "you know what they actually have a plan/have ambition to have us competing with the top 6" I'll be banging the positivity drum louder than any of you.

But please dont expect me to pretend everythingis rosey at this club as thats not my style. Same way I never joined in with the blokes at the ground clapping the Bill or booing Rom at OT.

Marco Silva at present is expected to turn water into wine with an aged defence, crab midfield and a side with zero pace or skill and I see no urgency to rectify the state of the current squad.

Hope? You think I have hope? LOL, I lost hope around 2010.

I just honestly dont see the point in getting all worked up about things I have no control over, im hopeful that Brands can do "something" with the current squad, if he doesnt, oh well, we go again next season, rinse and repeat.

Whatever happens will happen.

The following clubs have yet to sign a single player this window :

Everton
Burnley, surprisingly, maybe they are waiting to see if they get Europa?
Chelsea, nobody even knows who their manager is going to be, very strange there
Fulham
Man City
Spurs

So we are in decent company.

Hope? You think I have hope? LOL, I lost hope around 2010.

I just honestly dont see the point in getting all worked up about things I have no control over, im hopeful that Brands can do "something" with the current squad, if he doesnt, oh well, we go again next season, rinse and repeat.

Whatever happens will happen.

I agree but when you invest so much of your time into the club you want to atleast feel that it's worth your time and money.

Post Moyes we have been a shambles, we got massively lucky with Roberto's first transfer window selling Felli last minute - had we missed out on Rom and Barry we could have had a massively different season there.

You've had since then the Sissoko debacle, going into last season without a replacement for our departed top centre forward goalscorer and playing a kid up top.

My issue is we are continuing down the same path and no one seems concerned which is a travesty after last season. Last season for me was a watershed moment in that I never thought the days of relegation fears would come back certainly not following Farhads investment. We need to hold this club and its custodians to account.

I agree but when you invest so much of your time into the club you want to atleast feel that it's worth your time and money.

Post Moyes we have been a shambles, we got massively lucky with Roberto's first transfer window selling Felli last minute - had we missed out on Rom and Barry we could have had a massively different season there.

You've had since then the Sissoko debacle, going into last season without a replacement for our departed top centre forward and playing a kid up top.

My issue is we are continuing down the same path and no one seems concerned which is a travesty after last season. Last season for me was a watershed moment in that I never thought the days of relegation fears would come back certainly no following Farhads investment. We need to hold this club and its custodians to account.

Do you support Everton to glory hunt mate?

I mean did you even pick Everton? Yes its a cliche to say we were chosen, but none of us choose to support Everton, well maybe some of us did, but most of us support Everton due to things beyond our control, a parent, a grandparent, a game they watched, liking the colour blue, we didnt choose to support.

We all watched last season, we all saw how badly some of our players played, we all saw the attitude of some of them, we all had to experience Sam patting us on the head. We all know what our problems are, should we have signed some players by now? Ideally yes, but we havent, we still have a month to go, will we "fix" the squad in the next 4 weeks? Hell no, but we have enough time to make improvements.

I suppose I come across as a bit of a dreamer, I forever keep the faith, I honestly know no other way, you gotta keep faith and you gotta at least hope for better days, cos otherwise, honestly, whats the point? Without believing that things will get better, then of course Everton isnt worth your time and money.

Mate When Everton Football Club actually do something to make me think "you know what they actually have a plan/have ambition to have us competing with the top 6" I'll be banging the positivity drum louder than any of you.

But please dont expect me to pretend everythingis rosey at this club as thats not my style. Same way I never joined in with the blokes at the ground clapping Bill or booing Rom at OT.

We all want the best for EFC, but pretending everything is sound and shouting down any fans who are expressing genuine concerns (and not just trolling or baiting others) is hardly justified imo.

Don’t be saying sensible things mate, GOAT thinks he’s a demi god on here and you’re showing him up infront of his disciples. Connor will be here soon like Scrappy Doo soon.

I don't blame him for anything but there was a general gist of Martinez, (who I liked and still do, and hoped might turn around until the last 6 months) , is some kind of transfer wheeler dealer because Everton scooped 90m on Lookukoo when the transfer window went bananas.

To lose money on players is pretty hard to do with inflation going the way it is. especially over 3 years. Walsh does seem to be a genuis at doing it tho I know , but he’s special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back