Lookman
Tosun

Then a few possibles :

Morgan
Baines
Keane
Beni
Vlasic

If we added 4 players of real quality we could field a very decent 11.

Im not saying it would be knocking on the door, but it wouldnt be as bad as your making out.

That's pretty good, goat. You add some real class players to that group and yes, you might have something. But I'm not sure why anyone would be freaked out. They are probably still evaluting the team now that they have in-person access. Attitudes and other intangibles are often difficult to assess from hearsay.

I disagree.

We currently have 7 more than able players, for example :

Pickford
Coleman
Holgate
Davies
Gana
Iceland
Walcott
Lookman
Tosun

Then a few possibles :

Morgan
Baines
Keane
Beni
Vlasic

Im not saying it would be knocking on the door, but it wouldnt be as bad as your making out.
I’m sure you did not mean to but you forgot Niasse

I disagree.

We currently have 7 more than able players, for example :

Pickford
Coleman
Holgate
Davies
Gana
Iceland
Walcott
Lookman
Tosun

Then a few possibles :

Morgan
Baines
Keane
Beni
Vlasic

Even if I didn't take issue with the quality of a few on that list, it still isn't enough just in terms of raw numbers. Injuries, suspensions, illness, loss of form. We'll be affected to one degree or another.

The squad was bloated last year but that doesn't mean we can afford 10 out and only 4 in.

None of this is on Brands or Silva btw, I was making the point in spring that we were leaving their appointments late enough to basically be writing off this transfer window/season.

It's also worth noting that we're not operating in a stable competitive environment either. We could very easily have a much better season than last year in terms of results and performances and still find ourselves worse off position wise.

The other thing that irritates me about this approach is that with Arsenal in transition and Chelsea just plain weird, this is the moment of opportunity. West Ham seem to have grasped this. It will no doubt end in disaster for them but they won't die wondering. Our approach (if it works) will see us peak in two or three years and knowing our luck all of the top 6 will be on a stable footing by then .

Indeed, its just a punt, the lad showed talent, he was a good age, we took a gamble that he would come good, he didnt, a few injuries at the wrong time and then the lads done.

For every John Stones clubs have to sign about 50 Tarahahahhsjais, its worth it in the long run, you only need a John Stones or a Lukaku or a CR7 or a Bale.

Closer to 12 Shanis, but generally, yes

Although ideally you need a 1 in 5 or so success rate

Even if I didn't take issue with the quality of a few on that list, it still isn't enough just in terms of raw numbers. Injuries, suspensions, illness, loss of form. We'll be affected to one degree or another.

The squad was bloated last year but that doesn't mean we can afford 10 out and only 4 in.

None of this is on Brands or Silva btw, I was making the point in spring that we were leaving their appointments late enough to basically be writing off this transfer window/season.

It's also worth noting that we're not operating in a stable competitive environment either. We could very easily have a much better season than last year in terms of results and performances and still find ourselves worse off position wise.

The other thing that irritates me about this approach is that with Arsenal in transition and Chelsea just plain weird, this is the moment of opportunity. West Ham seem to have grasped this. It will no doubt end in disaster for them but they won't die wondering. Our approach (if it works) will see us peak in two or three years and knowing our luck all of the top 6 will be on a stable footing by then .

If we manage to sign 4 players of real quality and if Silva can get a tune out of them, then I see no reason why we cant compete.

But we will all a better idea on 9th August.

Emery hasn't proven anything and he was sacked by PSG. Roman Abromawhatever is a come to life Joffrey Baratheon at Chelsea. Spurs players have to be close to being moved on by Levy for money if they don't push into a championship soon. Liverpool seem pretty cemented top 4 for a while. West Ham are doing exactly what Everton did last summer - throwing around a lot of cash at random players. They don't worry me.

The future is not set in stone.

if 4 ins is the extent of our summer activity, i.e if at least 7 of that rabble that wore the shirt last year are starting each and every game between now a January then I would put money on Silva being gone by Christmas and Brands by summer.

Major remedial work is required and, with seemingly nothing exciting emerging from the academy, 4 additions isn't going to cut it.
So Pickford Coleman Baines Geuye Walcott Tosun are not good enough ?
Imo Shneiderlin & Keane will be better for this manager coming in add to that younsters like Lookman Kenny Davies Sandro Beningame and Vlasic plus an old hand like Jags.
Yes punt the rest but there wont be wholesale incomings thats for sure , 4 quality signings makes a side that finshed 8th able to push on upwards.
And it wont all be done in 1 window.

So Pickford Coleman Baines Geuye Walcott Tosun are not good enough ?
Imo Shneiderlin & Keane will be better for this manager coming in add to that younsters like Lookman Kenny Davies Sandro Beningame and Vlasic plus an old hand like Jags.
Yes punt the rest but there wont be wholesale incomings thats for sure , 4 quality signings makes a side that finshed 8th able to push on upwards.
And it wont all be done in 1 window.
Almost missed Holgate too (who I rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back