Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we have a new Manager and DoF who have said they need a bit of time to look at the players

Arsenal and West Ham have new managers mate and have still signed players.

All I keep reading in the Echo andfan forums is excuses:

World Cup cant sign anyone (despite nearly every other PL side making signings)

New manager (other clubs with new managers have signed players)

Silva hasn't been at the club long (he's been our de facto manager since he was sacked by Watford in all truth)

I totally get the squad needs assessing but the owner and Brands must take responsibility if we flop this season with the same problems at the back/midfield and up top. Sadly Silva will be the one who ultimately takes the can when the fans inevitably turn and they will if we stand still and dont sort out our glaring problems.

Silva hasn't been at the club long (he's been our de facto manager since he was sacked by Watford in all truth)

I totally get the squad needs assessing but the owner and Brands must take responsibility if we flop this season with the same problems at the back/midfield and up top. Sadly Silva will be the one who ultimately takes the can when the fans inevitably turn and they will if we stand still and dont sort out our glaring problems.

Please find other clubs that have new managers and have completely shaken up the management team. Everton is in a unique situation. Won't excuse a poor season but they are in a different boat than any other EPL team

They are not excuses, they are reasons.

We have a new manager
We have a new DoF
We have a new scouting system
Theres a World Cup on
We have a bloated squad
We need to reduce the wage bill

Reasons why we possibly havent made any moves yet, not excuses, if August 9th comes and we havent improved the squad, then no amount of excuses will prevent the smart people blaming who will be to blame, it wont be Silva, it wont be Moshiri, why you feel the need to blame him im not sure, there is 1 man who is paid a serious amount of money to improve the squad, Marcel Brands, so the buck, for me at least will stop with him.

So August 9th mate, thats when you can soil your sheets, not July 6th.

They are not excuses, they are reasons.

We have a new manager
We have a new DoF
We have a new scouting system
Theres a World Cup on
We have a bloated squad
We need to reduce the wage bill

Reasons why we possibly havent made any moves yet, not excuses, if August 9th comes and we havent improved the squad, then no amount of excuses will prevent the smart people blaming who will be to blame, it wont be Silva, it wont be Moshiri, why you feel the need to blame him im not sure, there is 1 man who is paid a serious amount of money to improve the squad, Marcel Brands, so the buck, for me at least will stop with him.

So August 9th mate, thats when you can soil your sheets, not July 6th.

I have two questions then mate:

1. How many signings do you think we need to realistically have us ready for the season?

&

2. Are you confident in the club in sercuring all those deals in the 5/6 weeks we have left of the window?

For me:

1. we need 4 signings at minimum (LB, CB, CM and LM)

2 No chance of us sercuring those deals in the time left if we lose another week or so without action. Kenwright simply isnt efficient enough a negotiator and the new cost cutting regime wont be offering daft money to get deals done quickly either it'll be days even weeks of hard negotiating.

No such thing.

PAY-EXCLUSIVE-WEB-MUST-CALL-FOR-PRICING-Former-CBB-Star-Danielle-Lloyd-fills-up-petrol-in-ANO...webp
download.webp

I have two questions then mate:

1. How many signings do you think we need to realistically have us ready for the season?

&

2. Are you confident in the club in sercuring all those deals in the 5/6 weeks we have left of the window?

For me:

1. we need 4 signings at minimum (LB, CB, CM and LM)

2 No chance of us sercuring those deals in the time left if we lose another week or so without action. Kenwright simply isnt efficient enough a negotiator and the new cost cutting regime wont be offering daft money to get deals done quickly either it'll be days even weeks of hard negotiating.

1. 4 seems about right
2. It only takes 3 hours to sign a player and on transfer deadline day, signings can be done in 5minutes, so yes, im confident that Brands knows what hes doing

Your problem is that you think nothing is happening, you assume that cos the media arent reporting it that Brands is just sitting on his hands.

He will be talking to Agents every day, trying to do deals, deals take time.

You try and sell Bolasie to anybody, see how easy it is.

Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan mate. We have over 200k off the wages already with Rooney and Mori gone no excuses to not bring in 1 or two unless we are reliant on money from sales.

Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan mate. We have over 200k off the wages already with Rooney and Mori gone no excuses to not bring in 1 or two unless we are reliant on money from sales.

Our wage bill is still 400k a week away from were we need it to be.

We sadly dont have anything close to the same revenue as Chelsea, so comparing us to them is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back