Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our wage bill is still 400k a week away from were we need it to be.

We sadly dont have anything close to the same revenue as Chelsea, so comparing us to them is a moot point.

We can still bring in players mate knowing come August 31st half the dross and their wages will be out the door be it permanent or loan deals.

I find it difficult to support their current strategy of sell 15 before being able to buy sign someone.

Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan mate. We have over 200k off the wages already with Rooney and Mori gone no excuses to not bring in 1 or two unless we are reliant on money from sales.

That’s Chelsea’s business plan though, the players on loan produce a revenue that helps keep the wheels moving. I’m sure Marcel will have irons in the fire ready to go

We can still bring in players mate knowing come August 31st half the dross and their wages will be out the door be it permanent or loan deals.

I find it difficult to support their current strategy of sell 15 before being able to buy sign someone.

How can we?

Can you say for sure we can sell these players, I mean if we cant sell them before 9th August, why will be able to sell them after that?

Are they worth more in the future or something?

But thats not what we are doing, I gave you reasons why we might not have signed anybody, but the main reason is that we havent managed to agree a deal with anybody.

We have a rumoured interest in Lozano, he will no doubt now have other offers to consider you would think, so thats probably gonna take time.
We have a rumoured interest in Tierney, his club are about to play a CL qualifier, so thats probably gonna take time.
We have now also got a new interest in this Mina fella, who has said he rightly so wants to stay at Barca.

Then of course we probably have interest in other players that maybe havent hit the papers yet, deals take time to do, I said earlier ideally we should have all this sorted by now, but on the other hand we still have 4 weeks, so its not all is lost just yet.

Last summer we signed a lot of players, I think you will agree it didnt work out, so I think we should wait and see what happens.

Im quite honest, if I dont think we have done enough to improve the squad I will say it, I said it last summer, but the window is open for a good while yet.

Moshiri unintentially has dampened down our expectations quicker in 2 seasons than Kenwright managed in over a decade.

A month of the window to go in the same circumstances with no signings or even bids under Bill and the knives would be out yet we are richer than ever yet "nothing to see here" bonkers.
Your postings are getting very dull and sour .Your repetativeness reminds me of a former poster on here.

But hey ho bang on fella..... 10 outs and 4 ins before the Wolves game.

Stop pissing your pants man. We have all read your viewpoint now.

None of us know where we stand regarding deals incoming or outgoing . I don't know how you can say what our current strategy is, unless you have inside information.
We have no idea which players Silva and Brands want to keep or sell, we are guessing based on our own likes and dislikes.

We have seen the lad Tierney at Celtic mentioned, can you imagine how hard it will be to prise him away from a club that doesn't want to sell, Lozano the same or the Colombian lad at Barca, if indeed they are our targets.

I don't believe we will make many first team signings this summer , three or at the most four. It will be easier to introduce a smaller number into the squad and it is distinctly possible some of our future targets are still at the World Cup or just recently departed from there, they will not be coming to the club for another two or three weeks, even if signed today.

10 outs and 4 ins before the Wolves game.

if 4 ins is the extent of our summer activity, i.e if at least 7 of that rabble that wore the shirt last year are starting each and every game between now a January then I would put money on Silva being gone by Christmas and Brands by summer.

Major remedial work is required and, with seemingly nothing exciting emerging from the academy, 4 additions isn't going to cut it.

if 4 ins is the extent of our summer activity, i.e if at least 7 of that rabble that wore the shirt last year are starting each and every game between now a January then I would put money on Silva being gone by Christmas and Brands by summer.

Major remedial work is required and, with seemingly nothing exciting emerging from the academy, 4 additions isn't going to cut it.

...I think it’ll take more than one window for any DoF/Manager to make the extent of changes you suggest.

There won’t be more than 4 ins.

If you think this is all going to be fixed in one window then you need to reasses your expectations.

I disagree.

We currently have 7 more than able players, for example :

Pickford
Coleman
Holgate
Davies
Gana
Iceland
Walcott
Lookman
Tosun

Then a few possibles :

Morgan
Baines
Keane
Beni
Vlasic

If we added 4 players of real quality we could field a very decent 11.

Im not saying it would be knocking on the door, but it wouldnt be as bad as your making out.

I disagree.

We currently have 7 more than able players, for example :

Pickford
Coleman
Holgate
Davies
Gana
Iceland
Walcott
Lookman
Tosun

Then a few possibles :

Morgan
Baines
Keane
Beni
Vlasic

If we added 4 players of real quality we could field a very decent 11.

Im not saying it would be knocking on the door, but it wouldnt be as bad as your making out.

And this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back