Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
To lose money on players is pretty hard to do with inflation going the way it is. especially over 3 years. Walsh does seem to be a genuis at doing it tho I know , but he’s special
Him and Koeman were magicians at losing Everton money. Although we don't help ourselves handing over massive wedge in salaries to players that don't deserve it or haven't consistently proved it.
Hopefully were steering away from that.

We had a horrid season finishing in 8th and Moshiri sacked everyone. The guys he brought in have pretty impressive track records. It’ll take a bit of time to attract the type of players that can push for top 6, but couple things go our way and we could sneK in this year. Are we really concerned about Burnley? Arsenal and Chelsea weren’t amazing last year, Mo Salah ain’t duplicating that season, and Tottenham are an injury away from being good not great. These teams are vulnerable.

.....it’s World Cup quarter final Saturday and it’s also Old Newton Cup day at Haydock racecourse but here’s this morning’s Toffee Transfer rumours;

- The Daily Star say Everton and Spurs have been put on high alert after Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, turned down a massive new contract.

- According to Spanish outlet, Sport, Everton are eyeing a move for Barcelona forward, Paco Alcacer. Barcelona want €30m for the 24 year old Spaniard.

- Jornal De Notícias say Yves Bissouma’s transfer to Porto from Lille is getting complicated and Everton, Spurs and Schalke are all in for the €8m rated midfielder.

- A Bola confirm recent reports that Sporting Lisbon midfielder, William Carvalho, is in talks with Spanish club Real Betis. The player has been linked to Everton.

- The Liverpool Echo suggest Everton have shortlisted 3 Centre backs as transfer options this summer. Barcelona have been contacted regarding the availability of Yerry Mina, whilst Swansea’s Alfie Mawson and Ben Gibson of Middlesborough are also being considered.

I don't blame him for anything but there was a general gist of Martinez, (who I liked and still do, and hoped might turn around until the last 6 months) , is some kind of transfer wheeler dealer because Everton scooped 90m on Lookukoo when the transfer window went bananas.

To lose money on players is pretty hard to do with inflation going the way it is. especially over 3 years. Walsh does seem to be a genuis at doing it tho I know , but he’s special

.....it’s World Cup quarter final Saturday and it’s also Old Newton Cup day at Haydock racecourse but here’s this morning’s Toffee Transfer rumours;

- The Daily Star say Everton and Spurs have been put on high alert after Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, turned down a massive new contract.

- According to Spanish outlet, Sport, Everton are eyeing a move for Barcelona forward, Paco Alcacer. Barcelona want €30m for the 24 year old Spaniard.

- Jornal De Notícias say Yves Bissouma’s transfer to Porto from Lille is getting complicated and Everton, Spurs and Schalke are all in for the €8m rated midfielder.

- A Bola confirm recent reports that Sporting Lisbon midfielder, William Carvalho, is in talks with Spanish club Real Betis. The player has been linked to Everton.

- The Liverpool Echo suggest Everton have shortlisted 3 Centre backs as transfer options this summer. Barcelona have been contacted regarding the availability of Yerry Mina, whilst Swansea’s Alfie Mawson and Ben Gibson of Middlesborough are also being considered.

no news on outgoings.

either nothing much is going on or the new Everton doesn't leak like info

The following clubs have yet to sign a single player this window :

Everton
Burnley, surprisingly, maybe they are waiting to see if they get Europa?
Chelsea, nobody even knows who their manager is going to be, very strange there
Fulham
Man City
Spurs

So we are in decent company.

More importantly, we did lots of business early last season, didn't exactly with out well did it, in fact the latest in recent times we did the business was Bobby brown shoes first season, the best in recent times by a mile...

Basically nothing is coming out the club until they want it too, which is exactly the way it should be.

Tierney I'd not be surprised to see concluded soon, thinkvtgecstuff the other day was both clubs leaking buts to position themselves better in final negotiations, the silence from player and agent, suggests as much as the deals in its way.

Similarly Mina, think that's gonna be a done deal relatively soon - agents comments about fighting for his place mean nothing really, soon as Barca sign that's fourth none EU player then hevwill get moved on fast.

Lozano is the one I'm unsure off, could have no chance of it could effectively be already pretty much signed and sealed, it all depends in his fat slug of an agent's plans fir the lad really.

Also reckon we have a fair amount of outs being progressed atm, like with Mori though we won't hear it till they are pretty much done deals.

This window is going pretty much as expected in my view.
Slowly cutting the wages bill and trimming the squad. A few more to go yet. Bring 3 or 4 in just before the transfer window ends/season starts. Not ideal preparation, but seen it all too often. Have no issue with it this season to be fair.

Interesting debate yesterday.. mostly cos both parties were right. I remember this debate a few seasons ago, where one party wants to see the evidence of change and others believed Mosh had already shown it a believed that the team will soon reflect it too.

I dont need to go into what Mosh has done, and what he has supported at least only for overrated managers to mess up plus an incompetent DOF.

I’ll say again if this was Koeman and Walsh’s first season I would be livid too (and I was ) by now. The difference this season is the amount of expensive players still on big contracts that were all meant to be saviours. We’re not a skin and bone squad in which well spent money can augment... we’re a truly bulbous out of shape squad that needs to get fit. At best we need 3-4 players this year and it seems most agree to that.

Maybe those 3-4 will come through the youth system? What if instead of Lozano we bring through Dowell and Lookman and Vlasic actually gets a run? Holgate is entrenched and we start to see Feeney coming through.

I’m just playing devils advocate for a second as there are many ways this can go and we have some quality players that put into the right shape are all considered some of the best at their previous clubs.

God knows we need a new striker though!

I don't want to wait 3 years to see a marked improvement in our team, I'm fed up waiting already. Tell the new boys to 'put up' or go.
We're all fed up waiting mate. Its been way too long. But last summers transfer window ended up being poor if you look at how the season went. I allowed myself to think things were on the up (on the playing front). It didn't turn out that way.
I'm giving the hiearchy the benefit of the doubt on The Stadium project at the moment. Time will tell on that though.
So, for now I just want us to get dead wood out and some of the older players gone. Then make some decent signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back