Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard we’re signing a Spanish striker called El Stuart’o De Barlow’os.

Lightening quick but has trouble finding the onion bag once in the box.

The locals call him ‘The Jigsaw’.

Silva reckons he can get him slotting.

OH LOOK ANOTHER CONVERTED MARTINEZ THREAD
ffs

It’s like he has zero purpose in life apart from to wax lyrical and bore everyone to death about a man who took us backwards.

Bet when he goes the pub all the locals start going home for their tea and he’s left annoying the bar staff with his dull opinions about all topics under the sun.

Maybe there’s a belief that there’s actually a decent squad in there if you do some digging and get it working right.. seems there’s only been real talk about left back and central defence where we really were deficient last season.

It’s like he has zero purpose in life apart from to wax lyrical and bore everyone to death about a man who took us backwards.

Bet when he goes the pub all the locals start going home for their tea and he’s left annoying the bar staff with his dull opinions about all topics under the sun.

Really hope his team got beaten then people can stay in peace. The fraud was a failure in PL level. Nothing can be changed.

Maybe there’s a belief that there’s actually a decent squad in there if you do some digging and get it working right.. seems there’s only been real talk about left back and central defence where we really were deficient last season.

I think he'd be largely correct too. Would be nice to get another wide forward in, but we have good youth in CM.

Basically nothing is coming out the club until they want it too, which is exactly the way it should be.

Tierney I'd not be surprised to see concluded soon, thinkvtgecstuff the other day was both clubs leaking buts to position themselves better in final negotiations, the silence from player and agent, suggests as much as the deals in its way.

Similarly Mina, think that's gonna be a done deal relatively soon - agents comments about fighting for his place mean nothing really, soon as Barca sign that's fourth none EU player then hevwill get moved on fast.

Lozano is the one I'm unsure off, could have no chance of it could effectively be already pretty much signed and sealed, it all depends in his fat slug of an agent's plans fir the lad really.

Also reckon we have a fair amount of outs being progressed atm, like with Mori though we won't hear it till they are pretty much done deals.

I'm inclined to believe this now. The Tierney stuff was initially leaked to our people and then the leaks stopped. I'd suggest it was done by Brands himself, not to agree a deal with Celtic but to get something done with the player. The pause hasn't worried me, as you say it's when things will be getting finalised. If things were coming out now I'd imagine we are still trying to solve bigger things. The one thing I'd say is people saying Celtic wait until the CL qualifiers are done, that won't happen as the 3 qualifying round is after the deadline shuts in England, so they will not wait that late.

Mina I can't work out. On the one hand, some people who have got a fair bit right have gone quite heavy with it but it doesn't seem to have gone much beyond the Echo and second tier journo's. Nothing from Joyce or King. The agents statement was quite clear but it seems Barca want him out. If you put a gun to my head I'd say we are still working hard to convince the player/agent we are a good option for them. We've done very well to get Brands/Silva as to be fair we'd be nowhere if we had any of Walsh or even Koeman involved.

Lozano you sum up right. A lot will depend if we have a deal in principle set up before the World Cup. That being said, after a great first game he underwhelmed a little in terms of output. I can see his agent touting him about, but not sure there will be that many bites. Arsenal is the one which might happen. We will see, I like the lad a lot, but if we start with Lookman down the left thats ok for me.

Of the above 3 I also think he will want a central midfield player. After that I think Silva will be content. I think Brands may try and get another versatile defender in, particularly is he feels he can move Baines out. I also think you might see some left field signings, if not this window as it goes on. I can't see the guy shopping in the same places as we have previously.

Fair enough. Whats right with him is he scored goals. I think his hold up play is actually alright too and his work rate is very good.

..I don’t mind the fella, I just think we need somebody more progressive to take us the next level. The top teams have players who create from nothing, who are a handful to mark, who are a real threat on the break. Finding somebody like that is the difficult bit.

..I don’t mind the fella, I just think we need somebody more progressive to take us the next level. The top teams have players who create from nothing, who are a handful to mark, who are a real threat on the break. Finding somebody like that is the difficult bit.

I think Tosun is fine and will be good for the next couple of years mate. I agree with your analysis but I would also say, he is a great finisher, good in the air and his other attributes he has "just enough" to keep him in the game. I imagine under Brands we will look to sign a top young striker (akin to Lukaku) maybe next season and he will gradually move Tosun out.

That is the challenge for DCL too.

Paulinho going back to his old club - does that free up non-eu space for barca?
The non-eu slot was never an issue for barca, this was just manufactured nonsense from the echo. Apparently Coutinho is set to change his citizenship to Spain...which is what they did with Suarez as well. Suarez has Italian citizenship now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back