Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-event in terms of not making any statement signings, not challenging the Top 4, but establishing a style of play and finishing top half again. I can wait another season if needed before we can make a real push.
In that case I completely agree. I would be amazed if we challenged the top 4 this year, it's not even on my radar. 7th needs to be the absolute minimum though, we can't just keep wasting seasons and putting it down to rebuilding.

Henry is the epitome of how we banged our heads last summer and thought we were City.

I like him and i think hes a terrific prospect, but signing a player we knew we wouldnt get two years of football out of for north of 10 million is crazy.

Especially when you consider the limits that may be on us this year financially.

In that case I completely agree. I would be amazed if we challenged the top 4 this year, it's not even on my radar. 7th needs to be the absolute minimum though, we can't just keep wasting seasons and putting it down to rebuilding.

We can’t but after last season I think it’s completely obvious we need a rebuilding year now.

Henry is the epitome of how we banged our heads last summer and thought we were City.

I like him and i think hes a terrific prospect, but signing a player we knew we wouldnt get two years of football out of for north of 10 million is crazy.

Especially when you consider the limits that may be on us this year financially.

It was less than £10m and if we waited another 2 years he’d have cost us so much more.

Not sure to be honest. Would have been good to have him and Tosun competing this season. Would mean we could offload Sandro and/or Niasse

Additionally it could be argued he perhaps wouldn’t have featured so much. His time away developing is still of benefit to us. A risk that was known before signing him and evidentially one we decided could prove rewarding.

It's Turkish clubs that I worry about. They are horrible snides with regards transfers. If Anderlecht tried to screw us to get him another season, you can bet that Galatasary would try anything they can!

Turkish clubs are under heavy debt, most big ones are close to bankruptcy and they can only pay their huge debts via selling players. They can not dare to cross or do shady businesses against any Premier League teams. Once there are complaints over a transfer, neither they can sell any other players anywhere else nor they can loan any players from any other team abroad. Not worth the risk for a couple of millions.

I think Evertonians could accept the state of things if it weren't for one problem. We've been sold this dream that Moshiri was going to take us to the next level but after 2 years we've had long enough to see he's not the man we thought we were getting. We are a million miles from Champions league regulars never mind winning the league. Lots of talk but unable to back it up with real action. Still talking about a stadium 2 years in and very little invested in the squad after a bumper new TV deal.
Actions speak louder than words at the the end of the day.

Nailed it, with sound bites such as Monopoly money.

He’s obvious better than Kenwright because at least the banks won’t come knocking but that’s about it.

He’s come to make a lot of money on his shares he’s been told about the site on Bramley Moore and he’s come basically to act as a gaunrtour and sort the debts out so we can get a loan. Once it was built he would sell to a rich Arab until then he would get by selling assets after assets but didn’t bargain that Walsh would spend the Lukaku money on a load of ale house footballers.

Wow. This thread has become a mess. Silva just got there. I’m sure he and Brands have plenty of ideas on players, but to see them work for a couple of weeks as well as play in some games makes sense. Relax.

And we will be able to move virtually all our players, we aren’t going to be stuck with anyone if we don’t want to be. It’s a function of how badly we want to be rid of. We will have plenty leaving and a couple coming in. Everything is fine.

Wow. This thread has become a mess. Silva just got there. I’m sure he and Brands have plenty of ideas on players, but to see them work for a couple of weeks as well as play in some games makes sense. Relax.

And we will be able to move virtually all our players, we aren’t going to be stuck with anyone if we don’t want to be. It’s a function of how badly we want to be rid of. We will have plenty leaving and a couple coming in. Everything is fine.

if were implementing a new style and more importantly work ethic into the team with a high press fitness is key, so getting our players in for the bulk of pre season would seem necessary to me.

Some one talking sense! Praise the lord.

Additionally it could be argued he perhaps wouldn’t have featured so much. His time away developing is still of benefit to us. A risk that was known before signing him and evidentially one we decided could prove rewarding.

Which is fine, like i rate Henry and i understand that point of view but are we in a position to sign someone and make an investment for north of 10 million and then just write of two years of football for the football club.

Considering we started last season without a centre forward and gaping holes in a squad, while this season there seems to be serious austerity and limits on us, im not so sure it was the wisest move for the postition the football club finds itself in.

Henry could and can go on to be a good player for us, but so far the juice hasn't been worth the squeeze, with other clubs benefiting from our investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back