Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going to the game actually matters when talking about certain things!!!! Mmmnnn me and you could have a problem ;). Im irish. Blue since 83.

Koeman and walsh messed up his investment no doubt. Im unsure how much he actually put in taking the sales of likaku and del boy etc outta it. It was a sum alright but no more than an average new investor would put in. He isnt the money god image that the club allowed to run with in his early days. But he has failed in the monies he has invested. Even though it was walsh and koeman who spent it. A blind man could have told you dont buy 3 number 10s when u needed a f in striker. I m just hoping he gets the stadium done. I see nothing happening in the transfer market except to rid ourselves of 10 of the most useless professionals in a supposedly top flight club. Cull cull cull.
It does though, it's not even up for debate. I don't see why people get their knickers in a twist over this, unless it's a need for constant validation

It's nothing to do with being a 'better fan' whatever that means, or questioning someone's support. I'm simply saying that there are certain things which will have more of an impact on some people than others. I would class myself as a fan of Lancashire CCC, I go to the odd game, watch if they're on TV, look out for all their results etc. A couple of years ago (last season possibly?) I was talking to a mate who is a member there and goes to watch them a lot. I mentioned that it had been a decent season, and he was flabbergasted. As someone who'd watched most of their games he thought it had been awful. It doesn't make him a 'better' fan than me, in the same way i'm not a better fan than you, but those who don't miss a minute of any game will pretty obviously have a different perspective to people who just watch highlights and read match reports.

Anyway, to stay on topic, we're nowhere near panic stations yet, but it would be nice to see a couple of new faces soon to show that we're serious about improving on last seasons efforts.

Somebody was taking the p out of me on here recently because I pointed out West Ham doing good business while we are sat on our arses doing nothing at all. Oh well, another team below us signing players to finish higher than us next season. We will do well to finish 11th at this rate, but hey at least we can pretend we're only not signing players because we are concentrating on building a fake stadium.

West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:
Are any of them good players mate?

Both are near enough done deals Yarmolenko is meant to be undergoing a medical.

Meanwhile, we are "poising" ourselves or something.

Yes, the league is actually awarded to who gets their transfer business done the quickest. Not the smartest apparently. We should be overpaying to get this stuff done NOW!

West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:

No - the difference is that some of our fans don't take everything printed in the papers at face value.

We've had a single week of pre-season and are one of 6 teams that have not yet signed a player. Of those teams we are the only one that has specifically said the first order of business is reducing squad size and that is what we're doing.
Can everyone just take a chill-pill.... 99% of what you read in sports journalism is just written to capture your attention and not based in fact at all.

If we go into the last week of the transfer window and our team still has obvious gaps in it then yes I'll begin to worry but our full first team probably won't be back in training for another two weeks...relax.

Somebody was taking the p out of me on here recently because I pointed out West Ham doing good business while we are sat on our arses doing nothing at all. Oh well, another team below us signing players to finish higher than us next season. We will do well to finish 11th at this rate, but hey at least we can pretend we're only not signing players because we are concentrating on building a fake stadium.
Wait, can we not sign players anymore? Are we stuck with our current squad? Damn, I thought the window was still open. We are screwed, then.

Ignorance is bliss mate.

I bet you`re popular at parties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back