Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Things like that don`t happen to us Neil.

Anyway, Zaha is too hot and cold, as proved by his time at Man U.

He`s allowed to have bad days at Palace, as the expectations are much much lower.

..I try not to comment about individuals because I don’t know the managers playing strategy, but I tend to agree with you regarding Zaha. He might be more effective than Bolasie, but he’s similar in that he’s a complicated footballer. He plays at high pace, it’s busy but not composed. I imagine his goalscoring record is ordinary. For the money, I think we can sign somebody more progressive.

..I try not to comment about individuals because I don’t know the managers playing strategy, but I tend to agree with you regarding Zaha. He might be more effective than Bolasie, but he’s similar in that he’s a complicated footballer. He plays at high pace, it’s busy but not composed. I imagine his goalscoring record is ordinary. For the money, I think we can sign somebody more progressive.
From what I`ve seen of him, he appears to be a superior, slightly more consistent version of Bolasie.

He looked like a fish out of water at Man U.

Whether it was failure to settle, the step up in quality, the expectations, we`ll never know.

Spurs have been repeatedly linked with him in the past too, yet it`s never happened there either.

He strikes me as a player who`s happy being the main man in a team with expectations no higher than survival and a cup run.

Plus he`s spent most of his life in London.

He`s the type of signing Walsh would`ve happily waved the cheque book at last season, with mental wages, on a five year deal.

Averages a goal every 5 and half games in premier league but they want similar money to what City paid for Mahrez.

Swerve....

They've signed

- Fabianski on a free, relegated with Swansea (albeit a decent keeper)
- Diop for their record fee. A 21-year-old defender who played in one of the worst teams in Ligue 1, lucky to stay up.
- Wilshere for 100k p/wk plus what is undoubtedly a huge signing on fee

Why do people always think West Ham are having amazing windows ffs.

It's worse than that. Diop might be a good signing, but he's basically replacing James Collins (likely upgrade) / Fonte / Winston Reid (coming off knee surgery).

Wilshere replaces Lanzini (knee surgery, likely out for the season) and Joao Mario, both of whom might be better than Wilshere. When Wilshere goes down, they've got not much at this point behind him.

So I don't think the squad has been massively upgraded. Sam Byhram is still out, Antonio is coming off injury, and although I like him as a player, not sure how Yarmolenko fits in.

We've got Lookman back from an 8th place squad and I think we are a LOT better than that lot, and we've still got incomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back