Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically suggest that people who have been involved over the past ten+ years are no longer involved - hence no leaks anymore

The club still use the likes of Joyce, Hunter, Bascombe and King in terms of the nationals. I reckon the Echo get drip-fed info too, but not on transfers. More on the community programmes etc.

There will be weekly briefings still. Even if it's a quick phone call. And Joyce/Bascombe/Hunter/King will be the first contacted when something is about to happen/we want information out in the papers. Maddock, despite being a weird red, is probably in with this crowd as well.

Worrying times this is. Massive holes in the squad particularly the defence.

No incomings and window closing in a few weeks. Something doesn’t seem right.

I’m in ultimate zen state, deplete the chumps - If Marco gets to work with a smaller group of players i’m confident he can get a tune out of them.

I understand people want new shiny players but I’m prepared for us to go as we are - I refuse to build myself up only to be let down. x
I wasn’t expecting a summer of mass changes on the pitch especially given the changes off it. We’ve not only replaced our manager and director of football but re-worked our entire board, it’s like we’ve hit the reset button but players are leaving, the wage bill issue is being addressed and I’m sure we’ll bring some quality in but it’s not going to be like last summer.
I’m looking at this season like a tight corner on a race track, we might need to go in to it slower to come out of it quicker (terrible analogy but you get the point)

Worrying times this is. Massive holes in the squad particularly the defence.

No incomings and window closing in a few weeks. Something doesn’t seem right.
Eiher the new hierarchy is taking too long to settle before acting , or a master stroke signing is being planned behind the scenes and we r going to be amazed soon . a part of me feels its the latter case and Brands is soon going to announce an exciting Dutch/Portuguese signing .

Eiher the new hierarchy is taking too long to settle before acting , or a master stroke signing is being planned behind the scenes and we r going to be amazed soon . a part of me feels its the latter case and Brands is soon going to announce an exciting Dutch/Portuguese signing .
This is why i'm sort of calm at the moment. Silva appears to have turned down work to get this job and Brands was settled and successfull at PSV. Neither of them would have come here if they hadn't have been promised a certain degree of backing so they could do their job to the best of their ability. It might be, for the first time in a long time we're just doing things the right way..... Hopefully.

I wasn’t expecting a summer of mass changes on the pitch especially given the changes off it. We’ve not only replaced our manager and director of football but re-worked our entire board, it’s like we’ve hit the reset button but players are leaving, the wage bill issue is being addressed and I’m sure we’ll bring some quality in but it’s not going to be like last summer.
I’m looking at this season like a tight corner on a race track, we might need to go in to it slower to come out of it quicker (terrible analogy but you get the point)
Agreed, I’m just not expecting too much this window. We probably will add, the defence looks weak in nunbers but we need the right player/s.

I’m happy we aren’t just chucking money at the problem.

With the major caveat being we keep Lookman, I'd be happy with three in.

- LB, for the long-term. I'd love it to be Tierney, but ideally they'll be in that 21-25 range, so we're guaranteed a good 5 years out of them (injuries permitting). If we went for somebody like Rose,I wouldn't be against it. Don't think he's a bad player at all, but don't think he should be the first choice.

- CB. Ideally, 24-27 range. Again for longevity. Also, they could do with having pace and being at least half-decent on the ball. I like Mina, but him and Keane as a pairing would be pretty catastrophic in the Prem - neither of them are quick. I don't rate Davinson Sanchez that highly (he's good, but not the World Class player people make him out to be) but there's no doubt that during the WC his pace meant that Mina wasn't exposed.

- CM. I suppose this depends what happens with Schneiderlin, but really we need a player who can play that box-to-box role. Doucoure - or that type of strong, powerful player who is decent on the ball - would be ideal.

After that, everything else is a bonus really. Striker - a lot depends on what happens with Sandro and Niasse, and I think both of their futures won't be decided until the end of the window.

Winger. As I said, I'm happy to forego that signing if it means Lookman stays. Even keep Bolasie to rotate as back-up, and Vlasic shouldn't be discounted (although he's not really a winger).

World Cup finishes this weekend, so let’s see if we sign anyone next week, I’m thinking not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back