Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I’m just not expecting too much this window. We probably will add, the defence looks weak in nunbers but we need the right player/s.

I’m happy we aren’t just chucking money at the problem.

I think all this is bang on actually.

Last summer was a complete and utter panicky disaster. I'd be concerned if a whole new regime came in and just panicked again and spent like mad without having any evaluation of what they already have in front of them.

Reality is, despite having 3 managers and whole host of issues around egos, poor form, unsettled players, bad signings, awful football and disillusioned fans, this squad finished 8th. That's 3 places higher than a squad which many thought was the best we'd had since the 80s.
If Silva and Brands are worth their reputations, they'll work to make what they have really chime, and then add the quality needed to elevate the squad further.
It's not like they're taking over a team that just survived in 17th. There's plenty of talent to work with, but they've only worked with them for what - a fortnight?

We've learned painfully that money in itself is not a strategy. I'm glad we're not repeating the same mistakes. I'm keen that we make some key signings where there are obvious weaknesses - particularly in central defense, our left hand side, and the centre of midfield. And I think they will happen. But surely a good thing to assess what we have and work out exactly the kind of player we need to fill those holes, rather than just going out and trying to sign the biggest name on the market and waving money at them.

I think all this is bang on actually.

Last summer was a complete and utter panicky disaster. I'd be concerned if a whole new regime came in and just panicked again and spent like mad without having any evaluation of what they already have in front of them.

Reality is, despite having 3 managers and whole host of issues around egos, poor form, unsettled players, bad signings, awful football and disillusioned fans, this squad finished 8th. That's 3 places higher than a squad which many thought was the best we'd had since the 80s.
If Silva and Brands are worth their reputations, they'll work to make what they have really chime, and then add the quality needed to elevate the squad further.
It's not like they're taking over a team that just survived in 17th. There's plenty of talent to work with, but they've only worked with them for what - a fortnight?

We've learned painfully that money in itself is not a strategy. I'm glad we're not repeating the same mistakes. I'm keen that we make some key signings where there are obvious weaknesses - particularly in central defense, our left hand side, and the centre of midfield. And I think they will happen. But surely a good thing to assess what we have and work out exactly the kind of player we need to fill those holes, rather than just going out and trying to sign the biggest name on the market and waving money at them.

Mad as it sounds, Silva might actually like the players he has.

He’s been describe as a great motivator - Perhaps some of these players just need that and some direction.

I’m not worried in the slightest. A left back is needed, but they may feel Robinson is ready.

Reckon Marcel took the job as a lot of potential to grow the club provided we shift the sheer amount of waste on our books. We will move forward, it’s just going to take time.

Does nobody on here know the difference between where and were?

People wear suits. Nobody wheres a suit!

Or am I missing out on a GOT forum joke?

Easy tiger
Easy.....

Not all posters are native to the UK, nor has everyone spent as much time in the books as your good self.

The transfer window is a daunting and challenging time even the most resilient of bladders.

We shall overcome

Mad as it sounds, Silva might actually like the players he has.

He’s been describe as a great motivator - Perhaps some of these players just need that and some direction.

I’m not worried in the slightest. A left back is needed, but they may feel Robinson is ready.

Reckon Marcel took the job as a lot of potential to grow the club provided we shift the sheer amount of waste on our books. We will move forward, it’s just going to take time.

Some of their own mothers don’t like them.
Fair play to the handsome devil if that is indeed the case.
Who said you can’t polish a turd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back