Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The links from the right sources are promising

The 3 that have came out so far, Tierney, Digne & Mina all fit the correct type of profile so im excited with regards to that.

Thing is we take so long from the period of the news getting leaked to then submitting a bid, to then discussing terms, to then passing a medical, to eventually signing that i cant picture any of our targets arriving for another 2 weeks atleast
we do, that said the Mori deal gives me hope that things are happening behind the scenes and the press just aren't getting wind of it.

I think so far that's down to 13m with the players gone, still need to cut it down further though, and bring in funds from player sales.

I suspect we are about break even now myself, we made 4.5 on Mori from his book price and lost his wage, Rooney and the others, totaling approx 15+ mill.

We also kicked a 10 million repayment on Stones and Lukaku on an advance payments down the road by another year, so i think we are just about break even from a cash flow perspective informally for this season, even if that liability is still there. I.e. creative accounting.

Thats nothing to shout about though and very little cash flow in the business.

we do, that said the Mori deal gives me hope that things are happening behind the scenes and the press just aren't getting wind of it.
I think there is little doubt of that. I think we have been asking about Tierney, Mina and others to determine if they are available and if so what they might cost.
I believe that we are using these weeks to assess the players already at the club before adding or indeed before even selling.

I suspect we are about break even now myself, we made 4.5 on Mori from his book price lost his wage, Rooney and the others, totaling approx 15+ mill.

We also kicked a 10 million on Stones and Lukaku payments down the road by another year, so i think we are just about break even from a cash flow perspective informally for this season, even if that liability is still there. I.e. creative accounting.

Thats nothing to shout about though and very little cash flow in the business.
I love the Esk, but that analysis is not cash based and is a bit misleading. We have more money than that to spend, but regardless, Brands came in with a budget or else he wouldn’t have come on board.

Apparently we've bid for Doucoure and player has rejected us.

Can't see it being true myself, think it's just Watford fans chatting wham.

No idea what Digne is like, but from what I’ve read he’s an excellent tackler but not so good going forward. Tony hibbert comes to mind. Is he what we need in the modern game where full backs are so important to give width? I’ve seen a bit of Tierney and despite the obvious step up from the spl, I think he would be excellent. Hope we get him.
He goes forward plenty. He’s more of an offensive player than defensive, but he’s not some pure winger disguised as a left back like many. He’s not a midget and can tackle a bit. But he’s strong in the ball, clever making runs off it from what I can see and remember. He’s nothing like Tony Hibbert.

I love the Esk, but that analysis is not cash based and is a bit misleading. We have more money than that to spend, but regardless, Brands came in with a budget or else he wouldn’t have come on board.

Hes a great guy and knows his stuff but he is ultimately posting his opinion as am i albeit he has a strong skill set and experience, the above figures dont tell the whole story, but he is not far off, there is very limited cash flow in the business i agree with him on that score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back