Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be the wages too mate. Shaqiri will be on close to or above 100k p/w I reckon,

His stats are good but he is ill fitting for their system. I'm not a huge Sigurdsson but he offers a lot more off the ball and defensively than Shaqiri. He will be able to fit easily into Marco's system whereas I don't think Shaqiri would.

Personally don't want my creative players being judged on what they do defensively. And the RS have enough defensive midfielders.

This Italian bloke sounds very, very Belfodil. Seriously doubt we are in for him though
Someone also suggested he’s diminutive and a replacement for Morgan. He’s like 6 feet and played more as a attacking player before, yet he almost led Serie A in fouls and tackles. He sat a bit farther back at Genoa from what I could tell, but he’s got plenty of offensive skills. This is not a Gana type player. He seems like more of a box to box type and can see him fitting into what’s Silva wants his two central/defensive mids to do.

But that’s just from watching parts of a couple games from last season. I didn’t know him prior and I watch a lot of games. Serie A picture quality and coverage over here just isnt very good so unless Napoli is on or some9ne else exciting, I’m not watching.

You cant be serious? Siggy is worth tenfold what that fat, lazy troll is.

Also, maybe stop harping on last years transfers and focus on the now? All the nagging about. 45mill is getting really tedious.

Last year's transfers are stopping us from thinking of the now as we're off loading most of them or replacing them

He does play attacking football and is very strong and dynamic. Also can finish.

Wanted him for ages.

Just can’t see Watford ever agreeing unless he hands in a transfer request.

What is his contract like?

..he does, Matey. From what I understand, his salary is quite low (in Premiership terms). I think I saw £30k per week quoted, so a transfer would give him a considerable mark-up. I saw one quote suggesting he’s content at Watford and isn’t seeking a move but i’m not sure how that stance would remain at the thought of trebling his wage.

Personally don't want my creative players being judged on what they do defensively. And the RS have enough defensive midfielders.
If Shaqiri was stuck playing in front of Martina or in a Sam system and had to defend for 90 minutes, would he be willing to? That’s really the point I think.

I suspect we are about break even now myself, we made 4.5 on Mori from his book price and lost his wage, Rooney and the others, totaling approx 15+ mill.

We also kicked a 10 million repayment on Stones and Lukaku on an advance payments down the road by another year, so i think we are just about break even from a cash flow perspective informally for this season, even if that liability is still there. I.e. creative accounting.

Thats nothing to shout about though and very little cash flow in the business.

There are some unrealised gains as well as players like Lookman and Pickford have increased substantially in value and so many of our younger players are also worth substantial amounts although being home grown I don't think that is reflected. Tom Davies alone must have a substantial value and DCL as well.

..he does, Matey. From what I understand, his salary is quite low (in Premiership terms). I think I saw £30k per week quoted, so a transfer would give him a considerable mark-up. I saw one quote suggesting he’s content at Watford and isn’t seeking a move but i’m not sure how that stance would remain at the thought of trebling his wage.
Yes, he woud transform our midfield and is the perfect player for Silva. But Watford aren’t doing business with us. No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back