Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get we have to trim the squad massively because about 50% are crap but you wouldn't think Brands and Silva would come here without ANY reassurances there would be money to spend.

Its a nobel idea, but sadly flawed.

Brands was on about 50k a year in Holland, he now earns 2m a year
Silva was on about 1m at Watford, now he earns 3m a year, plus bonuses

Also in Brands case, his job was to make money for the business, here he will probably get money from sales to buy players, so whats considered a small budget here, would be considered silly money in Holland. In the last 10 years PSV have spent 100m on buying players, we spent that last Summer.

I get we have to trim the squad massively because about 50% are crap but you wouldn't think Brands and Silva would come here without ANY reassurances there would be money to spend.

Money is being spent,a lot of it - on Brands and Silvas wages - I'm sure they are calm.

Brands was on about 50k a year in Holland
, he now earns 2m a year

Also in Brands case, his job was to make money for the business, here he will probably get money from sales to buy players, so whats considered a small budget here, would be considered silly money in Holland. In the last 10 years PSV have spent 100m on buying players, we spent that last Summer.
I'm not sure about that mate

Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologies if my english is poor sometimes, i'm from france (as you guess)

I want to warn you about Digne, because i'm a PSG fan (before Ibra, Neymar and co btw) and he is not the solution, dont bring him Marco !

Definitely not the type of player who can improve himself in Premier League (lack of physical abilities and not this good in the offensive way)

lol okay then mate sure you are

1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Baines (LB)
  8. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  9. Robinson (LB)
  10. Jagielka (CB)
  11. Williams (CB)
  12. Keane (CB)
  13. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  14. Holgate (CB)
  15. Pennington (CB)
  16. Browning (CB)
  17. Galloway (CB)
  18. Gueye (DM)
  19. Baningime (DM)
  20. Schneiderlin (DM)
  21. McCarthy (DM)
  22. Besic (DM)
  23. Klaassen (CM)
  24. Davies (CM)
  25. Rooney (AM) ❌
  26. Sigurdsson (AM)
  27. Dowell (AM)
  28. Tarashaj (AM)
  29. Vlasic (RW)
  30. Walcott (RW)
  31. Lookman (LW)
  32. Bolasie (LW)
  33. Mirallas (LW)
  34. Sandro (LW)
  35. Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
  36. Tosun (ST)
  37. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  38. Niasse (ST)

In: 0

Out: 5 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru)

Current Total: 33

Not a bad start in terms of the clear out. I’d be looking to finalise Tarashaj’s transfer next, then move Galloway & Browning out with Pennington on loan.

That’d be 9 out and the squad down to 29.

Then once we get rid of the likes of Williams, Mirallas, Martina, Besic and Bolasie, the squad will be looking a lot more streamline!
In terms of numbers I don't have any doubt that we can trim a further 7. Robinson, Pennington, Browning, Galloway, Baningme, Besic, Tarashaj and Dowell are all very loanable (not saying we should want to loan them, just that we could find willing parties to take them).

The issue is that we are probably really trying to actively get rid of only a few of those - Galloway, Browning and Tarashaj for sure. Meaning we want shed of at least 4 out of the following 5, which are the ones with the most impact on the wage bill: Mirallas, Bolasie, Klaassen, Williams and Sandro. Finding loans for Klaassen and Bolasie likely feasible, the other 3 get much more difficult.

He goes forward plenty. He’s more of an offensive player than defensive, but he’s not some pure winger disguised as a left back like many. He’s not a midget and can tackle a bit. But he’s strong in the ball, clever making runs off it from what I can see and remember. He’s nothing like Tony Hibbert.

So he scored we .... don’t riot?

Brands was on about 50k a year in Holland, he now earns 2m a year

50 k a year, behave mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back