Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an easy group and finishing second got us another relatively easy knock out run , first decent team we met put us out . That England team are the worst in my memory and I honestly believe the euro 96 team would have got to the final as would the euro 2004 team

The final was the minimum England should of gotten to but I've been saying all tournament that Southgates refusal to drop players who weren't performing would cost us.

I think Southgates naivety cost England. You could tell from the first 5 minutes of the second half that we needed more energy in midfield. An he just left deli Ali wondering around, not caring like he does every game this tournament.

strolls in see the usual pissy pants bores yabbering on....suns shining ...dry ya keks ..chill out...you bunch of girls...
What were you hoping for? A philosophical thesis on how the summer transfer window is a perfect metaphor for the human condition? Next time you "stroll in" if you don't like what you see why don't you just stroll on out again?

There'll be a lot of churn again on managers. I think that's the MO of this owner: crises are "solved" by firing the manager. Brands has that job and the hiring of the next one. His principal task here.

Just look at where we are now as a club: not a pot to piss in and worse off than in the last two summers under Kenwright.

We have been chronically mismanaged and governed since Moshiri arrived. Chickens are now coming him to roost.
Dave he sacked Bobby
It’s done
Get over it

Really? I don't like Henderson but even I have to admit he's been one of England's best players this tournament.

Deli Ali and stearling have been England's worst two players.

You clearly know nothing about football if you honestly believe that about Sterling.

What were you hoping for? A philosophical thesis on how the summer transfer window is a perfect metaphor for the human condition? Next time you "stroll in" if you don't like what you see why don't you just stroll on out again?
Good point, but I have been around a few years now and this particular part of the forum used to be used solely for transfer rumours and banter. This year it appears to be nothing more than yet another thread of moaning. If it wasnt for a few posters on here that make me chuckle I would bother either. Miserable place this has gotton.

Good point, but I have been around a few years now and this particular part of the forum used to be used solely for transfer rumours and banter. This year it appears to be nothing more than yet another thread of moaning. If it wasnt for a few posters on here that make me chuckle I would bother either. Miserable place this has gotton.
It`s the season of the bedwetter mate.

Misery loves company.

There'll be a lot of churn again on managers. I think that's the MO of this owner: crises are "solved" by firing the manager. Brands has that job and the hiring of the next one. His principal task here.

Just look at where we are now as a club: not a pot to piss in and worse off than in the last two summers under Kenwright.

We have been chronically mismanaged and governed since Moshiri arrived. Chickens are now coming him to roost.
Broken record dave. How will silva do ?

MINA TO EVERTON?

Barcelona defender Yerry Mina is set to join Everton after failing to nail down a place at the Camp Nou, according to Sport.
The towering centre-half impressed for Colombia at the World Cup, scoring three times, but has expressed frustration over a lack of opportunities at Barca.
While Everton are the frontrunners for the 23-year-old's signature, Leicester City and West Ham remain interested.

Not seen him play but heard plenty of good things about max Meyer.
Apparently his wage demands putting clubs off, would he be worth paying a bit over the top for?

We're not at the limit of that and we've shifted Mori, Rooney and Garbutt out.

And can we please stop scapegoating. I'm sure the owner loves it but he in reality has been calling the shots since day one on major deals.

Hmmm a scapegoating raised by a scapegoating. Interesting. x

The final was the minimum England should of gotten to but I've been saying all tournament that Southgates refusal to drop players who weren't performing would cost us.

I think Southgates naivety cost England. You could tell from the first 5 minutes of the second half that we needed more energy in midfield. An he just left deli Ali wondering around, not caring like he does every game this tournament.

The options were Delph or Loftus cheek. In truth England are just very short of midfielders at the top level. It was always going to be the main reason we would fall short.

The thing is though a starting 11 with those players in would be midtable. Not one is good / consistent enough right now to be a guaranteed 1st team player.

Sandro & Vlasic should both be sold, Dowell and Holgate should be out on loan to lower prem / newly promoted sides for regular 1st team PL experience and Lookman to rotate with a top quality LM / Siggurdsson at AM.

Vlasic / Dowell / Holgate / Lookman will each make 20 appearances in the prem this season easily.

Goal can also reveal that Everton have no fewer than six names on their shortlist for the left-back position, which was a problem for the club throughout last season.
Celtic’s Kieran Tierney was their top target, but the Scottish champions are keen to keep their home-grown prospect and have slapped a £25m ($32m) valuation on the 21-year-old in a bid to ward off potential suitors.
That has led Everton to weigh up alternatives, with Lazio’s Belgian international Jordan Lukaku, Hertha Berlin’s Marvin Plattenhardt and Inter Milan’s Dalbert Henrique all under consideration.

So too is another Barcelona defender, Lucas Digne, and Rennes’ Ramy Bensebaini. Brands has held talks with numerous clubs and agents as he looks to solve a problem position.
Now this would be lovely. He was a complete BEAST at Nice. Not sure why Milan wasn't playing him as much, but he's a super talented player for sure.

Tierney/Dalbert/Tigne...who do you want @CRIMHEAD

....before I nip out and get my Racing Post, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for this Saturday morning;

- According to The Daily Mirror, the agent of Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne, insists his client has not yet decided if he wants to leave the club this summer. Everton have been linked with a move for the 24 year old French international who made just 20 appearances for the Catalan giants last season. TalkSport and other outlets continue to link Everton with Digne and Barcelona teammate Yerry Dina.

- Goal.com report Everton interest in signing Inter Milan’s 24 year old Brazilian Left Back, Dalbert Henrique.

- Peruvian news outlet Ribero say newly promoted Fulham have entered the race to sign Everton target, Andre Carrillo from Benfica.

- Tuttomercatoweb again suggest Everton are keen to sign 27 year old AC Milan midfielder, Andrea Bertolacci.

- Neil Jones of Goal.com says Portland Timbers are the fourth MLS club to show interest in signing Everton’s veteran Left Back, Leighton Baines.

- Despite recent departures, Goal.com say Everton are listening to offers for at least 8 further players they are prepared to release; Kevin Mirallas, Ashley Williams, Davy Klaassen, Sandro Ramirez, Oumar Niasse, Morgan Schneiderlin, Yannick Bolasie and Cuco Martina.

- The Watford Observer say reports that Everton have had a bid in excess of £20m turned down for Hornets midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucoure, are wide of the mark.

Mirallas
Williams
Klaassen
Sandro
Niasse
Schneiderlin
Bolassie
Cuco

All out would be EPIC

Seen today the daily star (I know) staying we are interested in Zaha, but Chelsea are looking at him as a replacement for Hazard if he leaves. So we are now looking at Malcom from Bordeaux as the manager really wants a left winger. This would make sense with Bolasie linked with a move away and Lookman wanting to go

I saw this on a link from another site.

It said we are after a left winger, ZAHA or MALCOM

Malcom plays on the right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back