Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your right. Pennington will go on loan, and Browning, Galloway, and Tarashaj should all leave on loan or permanently. Those seem the easiest 'wins'.

So that's it down to 30 but if we bring in 4 then we're back where we started albeit hopefully in a much stronger state overall.

It's imperative we try to shift Williams, Besic, Mirallas, and Bolasie as well but it will be very difficult.

I think it will take the January and next summers windows to get it down to 25, by August 9th it will still be as high as 30 as I see things.

I hope there is a bit of compromise on all fronts really. Shift the lads you've mentioned, possibly Schneiderlin (depending on how Joe Williams does) and allow us to bring in Mina and a left back. I think we would kick ourselves if we didn't move on Mina.

I'm open to offers on Klaasen and Sandro as well, but need to be the right offers for the club and Martina needs to be moved on.

Go then with what we've got. It's a cliche but might be fairly attributed this time, but Lookman, Dowell, Connolly, Vlasic, Williams & Robinson may surprise a few this season and be like "new signings".

Come next season, we will make decisions on Jagielka & Baines (hopefully with Keane fully settled and Holgate having really stepped up, with Robinson showing improvement we can then let Baines go.

The changes wouldn't mean the wages are entirely sorted in one window but would allow for potentially bigger savings in the medium term as we can add key bits of quality inked areas to help scaffold some of the younger players.

Perhaps it comes too early for this year as well, but I think Brands should look at a more formal link-up with a club, most likely on the continent where we could shift several of the younger players to, together, like the link-up Chelsea have with Vitesse Arnhem.

I don't know what the size of Chelsea's first team squad is, and they are not under the same pressure to cull numbers, but I can recall reading previously they had as many as 44 first-team players. Their link with Vitesse obviously comes in handy for them in reducing it, and benefits Vitesse also. I think playing in the top division in a country like The Netherlands, would be as appealing to some players as going out on loan in The Championship or lower league club. It would also help to maximise value in keeping lads playing particularly those who are clearly not going to make it with us.

Perhaps it comes too early for this year as well, but I think Brands should look at a more formal link-up with a club, most likely on the continent where we could shift several of the younger players to, together, like the link-up Chelsea have with Vitesse Arnhem.

I don't know what the size of Chelsea's first team squad is, and they are not under the same pressure to cull numbers, but I can recall reading previously they had as many as 44 first-team players. Their link with Vitesse obviously comes in handy for them in reducing it, and benefits Vitesse also. I thinking playing in the top division in a country like The Netherlands, would be as appealing to some players as going out on loan in The Championship or lower league club. It would also help to maximise value in keeping lads playing particularly those who are clearly not going to make it with us.

It also means an inflated wage budget and apparently Brands is looking to bring the squad down to 25 players. There's no need to stockpile players.

The idea of a "feeder club" somewhere around Europe is fantastic when it works but have Chelsea really benefited from all the multi-year loans?

The likes of Van Ginkel, Lewis Baker, Piazon are now over 23+ aged players and will probably be moved on as not being good enough.

I don't know what the size of Chelsea's first team squad is, and they are not under the same pressure to cull numbers, but I can recall reading previously they had as many as 44 first-team players. Their link with Vitesse obviously comes in handy for them in reducing it, and benefits Vitesse also. I think playing in the top division in a country like The Netherlands, would be as appealing to some players as going out on loan in The Championship or lower league club. It would also help to maximise value in keeping lads playing particularly those who are clearly not going to make it with us.
The reason that Chelsea have such a big squad, is that a lot of their youth players get shifted to make money for the club. This includes lads from other countries, as well as their home grown lads.

It`s part of their business model.

Loftus - Cheek is the most prominent example of this in action at the mo.

He`s probably never going to be a regular in their first team and they`ll punt him whilst his stock is high after the World Cup.

Quite afew saying we've reached an agreement with Barca over Mina, anyone else read/heard anything like that?

...if the rumours are to be true, Everton have been talking to Barcelona but Barcelona have not yet spoken with Mina and his agent. If we have reached an agreement, then Barcelona need to inform Mina he’s surplus to requirements and they have accepted an offer from Everton. It’ll then be up to the player.

Fair play to West Ham spending money like it’s going out of fashion, didn’t think they had it in them. I like to think of them as this years “Everton”.

For the record, if they did "do an Everton" and have the absolute horror show we did last year finishing 8th it would actually only be the third time in the last twenty years - I bet they can't wait!

Very reliably informed people have stated that the add ons were easily achievable. I know one was based on goals last season, which was met.

The most extreme add ons (Ballon d'Or, Champs League etc) aren't the ones that pay big.
Goals and appearances are usually half, the rest are on trophies won, united winning the champions league or premier league should be considered acheivable under morinho.
It's very rare that all add ons are paid out. So if we call it 10m over 5 years that's 2m per season which is probably used for other stuff like repairs/improvements etc.

Also united could choose to sell him at any point in which case those payments stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back