Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON and BOURNEMOUTH. Both wanted Tierney at Celtic. Would have paid 25. Now both looking at the excellent Laxalt as an alternative. - Alan Nixon.

Not sure if mentioned already.
I’ve heard the name, but not seen him play. The only thing I’m taking from the rumours are that we appear to be after a left back. Wether it’s journalistés pulling names out of a hat, leaking to purposely get on Celtics nerves or snippets coming from within the club - we will find out soon.

No they are not, the only decent signing is the lad from Fulham. Wilshire is injury prone. Yarmolenko is erratic as hell and not great on the injury side either. Lazio have hawked Anderson round pretty much every club in Europe trying to get rid. Diop is young and unproven, and tbh I don't know much about the cbd from South America. Don't worry about them they are not going to do anything next season mate.
I was more on about their intro video than the actual signings mate.

The transfer fee was paid in installments
And add ons usually include things like winning the ballon dor, premier league champions league etc

Very reliably informed people have stated that the add ons were easily achievable. I know one was based on goals last season, which was met.

The most extreme add ons (Ballon d'Or, Champs League etc) aren't the ones that pay big.

He would never have thrown a strop during a WC year.

We paid £30m for Keane in the last year of his contract, Man Utd paid £30m for Sanchez with 6 months to run on his contract and Chelsea paid us £15m for Barkley with 6 months to run on his contract.

He should never have been sold, but Moshiri is all about selling our best players. Jordan Pickford will be the next big departure.

Yeah, you're right. I mean its not like hes the type of player to refuse to start in a cup final, oh wait he did. Also you had to be in top form to get in that Belgium side. Just ask chadli and his 5 appearances for WBA last season.

Not to mention the lad was asked to stay two seasons on the bounce when he wanted to go. It was a miracle he stayed for koemans first season.

As a club trying to attract top young talent we can't be seen to be holding them back from joining top clubs. Sure we can stand our ground get a good price and maybe keep them for a while but unfortunately in the position we're in we can't be seen to to refuse to sell and damage our chances or signing the next one.

We have to be honest, atm we're nobody's end destination and we have to accept that embrace it even. That's should be and needs to be our business model till we can get to the top and be the team that takes the best players off the other teams.

And Silva remains confident the Blues will land their transfer targets before the August 9 deadline.
“We have to do it," Silva told the ECHO.
“It is something we have to do.
“We have our targets and we have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad.
“We believe in all of our players but, for sure, we will do that and we have decided our targets.
“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”
Everton, last week, walked away from talks with Celtic over left-back Kieran Tierney while they are in discussions with Barcelona about signing centre-half Yerry Mina.
Silva, it is believed, also wants to strengthen his midfield and attacking options this summer.

Anyone else worried yet?
Not in the slightest, I’m of the opinion Marco Silva will get more juice out of the squad.

The article @Connor posted highlights we are busy behind the scenes. Any ins will be improvements and ultimately any outs won’t be losses.

There’s a more pace in the team from the get go, we have Tosun. Fringe players will be expected to chip in. Sandro and Klaassen are I imagine settled and raring to go with something to prove if they stick around.

No concern here. Just want the lads to show fight, passion and working hard for each other within Silva’s style.

We net spent 80million last season (transfermarket) . We have to make that "investment" work for us somehow. We have recouped 8miliion of that so far. The year Spurs sold Bale, they bought 100m worth of cack with the exception of Eriksen and Lamela.

The season after they bought Ali, Davies and Dier for a combined 20mil. This was Pochettinos first season. They were looking for value for money and definitely found it. Season after they bought Son Alderweireld and Tripper. They have gradually built their squad over a few years with some expensive mistakes, some solid investments, some lucky finds and some home grown talent they have given a chance to. They also put their faith in an up and coming young manager to oversee all of this.

Sound familiar? We will have to write off the expensive mistakes of last season, but also wait for some to come good, find our bargains this season and get behind the new manager and his decisions.

Rather we took our time this pre-season and got it right with our transfers. COYB!

Looking at that squad many will have to be moved along to get anywhere near the 25 thats been mentioned.
Add 3/4 out field players , plus 1 possibly 2 keepers.
I think we would be lucky to get the squad down to 30 at the close of the window.
This squad cull could run for a few widows.......mammoth task this.

I think your right. Pennington will go on loan, and Browning, Galloway, and Tarashaj should all leave on loan or permanently. Those seem the easiest 'wins'.

So that's it down to 30 but if we bring in 4 then we're back where we started albeit hopefully in a much stronger state overall.

It's imperative we try to shift Williams, Besic, Mirallas, and Bolasie as well but it will be very difficult.

I think it will take the January and next summers windows to get it down to 25, by August 9th it will still be as high as 30 as I see things.

And Silva remains confident the Blues will land their transfer targets before the August 9 deadline.
“We have to do it," Silva told the ECHO.
“It is something we have to do.
“We have our targets and we have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad.
“We believe in all of our players but, for sure, we will do that and we have decided our targets.
“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”
Everton, last week, walked away from talks with Celtic over left-back Kieran Tierney while they are in discussions with Barcelona about signing centre-half Yerry Mina.
Silva, it is believed, also wants to strengthen his midfield and attacking options this summer.

" We have to do it"
" it,s something we have to do"

Oh my new manager already starting to get frustrated - not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back