Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
" We have to do it"
" it,s something we have to do"

Oh my new manager already starting to get frustrated - not good
Frustrated ?.....Dont see that at all.
Think he's quite clear now who he wants to keep and has clearly indentified the targets he wants.
Its a case of we are now in the complicated process of getting the deals over the line now......over to you Mr Brands.

...if the rumours are to be true, Everton have been talking to Barcelona but Barcelona have not yet spoken with Mina and his agent. If we have reached an agreement, then Barcelona need to inform Mina he’s surplus to requirements and they have accepted an offer from Everton. It’ll then be up to the player.
I understand how transfers work, but thank you for explaining it to me.
Still doesn't answer my question of have we reached an agreement with Barca, I'm guessing if true things will speed up now as Barca have got their new CB and apparently a deal with us has been agreed (by what I've read online)

" We have to do it"
" it,s something we have to do"

Oh my new manager already starting to get frustrated - not good
They have been knocked back by a few players, there was that one guy who turned down more money from us to sign somewhere else.

I think the problem is he has to shift players out of the club first before they sign someone, and by the looks of it there aren't many takers for our players.

I can't see one of the top 6 going for Pickford unless he is sold around 30-35m, given that coutois will be going for that amount if he leaves Chelsea with 1 year left.

Still doesn't answer my question of have we reached an agreement with Barca, I'm guessing if true things will speed up now as Barca have got their new CB and apparently a deal with us has been agreed (by what I've read online)

..sorry, Matey, I was just trying to say it’s all conjecture and rumour that I’ve seen. I think it was the beginning of last week Brands was said to be in Spain for face-to-face talks with Barca. Then Mina’s agent (his Uncle I think) came out and said they had heard nothing from Barcelona and until that happens he’s very much still their player.

Today’s reports suggest Everton lead the race for the players signature.

They have been knocked back by a few players, there was that one guy who turned down more money from us to sign somewhere else.

I think the problem is he has to shift players out of the club first before they sign someone, and by the looks of it there aren't many takers for our players.

I can't see one of the top 6 going for Pickford unless he is sold around 30-35m, given that coutois will be going for that amount if he leaves Chelsea with 1 year left.
That is understandable given how some of them performed last season, also being stuck in the famous Allardyce hoofball system very rarely gets the best out of players.

...TyC Sports in Argentina reporting Everton have been in touch with Boca Juniors regarding defensive midfielder, Wilmar Barrios. The 24 year old Columbian has an €18m release clause but Everton could get him cheaper if they wait until December.

I pointed him out when England played Columbia alongside Mina (also number 16 did well but more "do a job" than a stand out).

He was a bit overun in the first 45 minutes, however come the second half he controlled the tempo of the game, looked a good passer of the ball and showed an awful lot of spirit for me. He was playing in a much weaker team than England, but never let his head drop, which is something you always look for.

You try and measure a player on who he's up against. For me he was head and shoulders above Henderson and Dier. At 23 that is good enough for me.

As a player, he's short but looked to have great technique. If Schneiderlin went out (I'm not his biggest critic by the way) this lad would be a big upgrade in my opinion (if he could settle). A big yes for me.

I know Williams is one but how many more if any, will be going into their last contract season.
According to the OS

Baines, Browning, Dowell, Hewelt, Jagielka, Robinson, Sambou, Stekelenberg & Williams

Don't know if any have had extensions since the last time I looked though

edit: Foulds signed an extension, so you can add him to that list too

I think Loftus is awful, seems to get into good positions and then has zero end product, looks terrified to cross it or shoot.

He's not awful but doesn't know where to play. Needs a club permanently with game time to learn a position.

To me, he's a Yaya Toure box to box type player. Not a creative player or an attacking midfielder. He's just a very good athletic footballer that needs coaching.

It's why I'm not keen him coming here unless it's permanent. Which won't happen.

In fairness, those are only reliable because they're fed info by us.

Castles is definitely fed info from Utd/Mourinho, so that Shaw story could well be true. There's no need at all for United to namedrop us if it isn't.
I think it's a United story to start a fire under Shaw to get him out. We're just a convenient name for them to put out there - we may have asked about him in any case as we are in need of a left back.

He's not awful but doesn't know where to play. Needs a club permanently with game time to learn a position.

To me, he's a Yaya Toure box to box type player. Not a creative player or an attacking midfielder. He's just a very good athletic footballer that needs coaching.

It's why I'm not keen him coming here unless it's permanent. Which won't happen.

Loftus Cheek looked amazing at youth level but then basically didn't play until last season. Chelsea have massively stalled his development. Reminds me of Ross without the pace in style of play and physique.

He is another one of those players who I don't see a natural role for in a 4-3-3.

Was hoping this 'rivalry' West Ham fans have made up was never going to be real but it looks like it's us and them for 7th place next season

No deal done with barca yet whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back