Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my club had other needs, of course, but Mbappe in addition to being an elite player, has a massive commercial return, especially after this world cup. So it still has to meet the valuation, which would be the most expensive player on the planet in his case. He's a heck of a lot harder to replace than Jordan Pickford.

If Everton are well run, they can use Pickford to help market the club better and increase commercial revenue.

In regards to the last bit we had Tim for many years while he was one of the US's best players and they did a terrible job using him to market the club in the US

Trust me Zat, its NOT the same thing.
If my club had other needs, of course, but Mbappe in addition to being an elite player, has a massive commercial return, especially after this world cup. So it still has to meet the valuation, which would be the most expensive player on the planet in his case. He's a heck of a lot harder to replace than Jordan Pickford.

If Everton are well run, they can use Pickford to help market the club better and increase commercial revenue.

Of course Mbappe is a freak example...superstar young centre forward with huge potential commercial income and marketing value.

That's the reason I gave him as an example.

Pickford may 'only' be a keeper, but it is the same principle just to a lesser extent due to his position. As you say @CRIMHEAD if the club are sensible then they can use his new 'image' forged in the world cup to great benefit.

The players linked such as Tierney, Mina and Lozano all have value in this sense too (aside from squad building).

It would be nice (for once) if we could add in these types and really focus on marketing and branding a lot better.

@Eggs I like the look of Barrios. What are your thoughts on what you saw in the World Cup compared to Schneiderlin? Interesting that the president said he can only leave in December...could be we keep Schneiderlin until then and then bring Barrios in...

Made my peace with the fact we’re not signing or selling anyone else. Fingers crossed Holgate and Keane can form a serviceable centre back partnership and not get injured or suspended at all during the season.

Of course Mbappe is a freak example...superstar young centre forward with huge potential commercial income and marketing value.

That's the reason I gave him as an example.

Pickford may 'only' be a keeper, but it is the same principle just to a lesser extent due to his position. As you say @CRIMHEAD if the club are sensible then they can use his new 'image' forged in the world cup to great benefit.

The players linked such as Tierney, Mina and Lozano all have value in this sense too (aside from squad building).

It would be nice (for once) if we could add in these types and really focus on marketing and branding a lot better.

@Eggs I like the look of Barrios. What are your thoughts on what you saw in the World Cup compared to Schneiderlin? Interesting that the president said he can only leave in December...could be we keep Schneiderlin until then and then bring Barrios in...

..I think more than any other player we’ve been linked with, I like Barrios lots. If the story is to believed, December isn’t too long to wait. I don’t think we can be fussy with outgoings, if Silva isn’t keen on Schneiderlin and a decent offer comes in he’ll be moved out regardless.

dunno how strong our interest is but my mate reackons aaron cresswells agents on a mission to get him up north, either her or wolves

Imagine Everton even without the useless Elstone trying to sign 2 Colombians needing work permits?

There’s 3 weeks left, we have no hope.

In regards to the last bit we had Tim for many years while he was one of the US's best players and they did a terrible job using him to market the club in the US
The club have always been reluctant to go down that route almost like they're embarrassed to do so. It was a the same with Cahill. We should have been playing friendlies in all these countries whilst we had their biggest stars and creating a brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back